No announcement yet.

'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' Trailer Arrives

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by underground man View Post
    tbh i don't think the films really suffered for tom bombadil's omission. apart from the dragged out ending i think they got the pacing more or less perfect.
    I'm not arguing the fact that overall they did a great job with the movies just that they could have made the trilogy longer if they wanted to stay true to the essence of the books. I mean they missed the whole old forrest chapter, Tom Bombadil as you mentioned and the scouring of the Shire right at the end.

These are just a few omissions from the top of my head, and for those who have grown up with the books it was kind of disappointing but overall the movies were great.

Comment

Looks good but why does Gandalf look as old as he was in the LOTR films?

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
        Going by the mythology Gandalf has been around since the beginning of Middle Earth so he's kind of ageless dont think it matters if he looks any younger or older

Comment

The movie will be i n two parts I believe.

My GF has read all three books. LOTR, Hobbit and the ones before it.

The first one is about God's etc... and how the World was Flat, and pretty much the Master of Sauron and how he stole some special jewells from the Elves.

This one has few Elves, but it represents the Drawves. That's probably why Dwarves didn't feature much later on in the films.

The leader of the Dwarves in real life is 6 foot 2 ish lol.

All dwarves have d5fferen chracters.

It's gonna be damn good trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
            He doesn't age really.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
              I've been looking forward to this for a long time but in all honesty I'm not sold. I've read the book a few times and it's like 400 odd pages now to try and make two movies out of that only shows they're in it for the money. Shame because it would have been epic as just one movie

LOTR on the other hand imo could have easily been made to more than 3 movies altough each movie was around 3 hours long they still missed alot from the books for those who have read the material.
              Well I have the extended versions whuch are more 4 hours long. Two Towers was 4 hours 30 mins. You see the small things in the book too. However not all.

I use to think I missed a lot, but after seeing the extended versions it feel more complete.

Comment

Cashing in They're going to try to stray as far as they can from the "comedy of errors" tone of the original to make it more like LotR. The animated version I saw as a kid has been stuck in my head for decades.

Comment

bump...................

Comment

I've read the whole series including the prequel book that tells how Sauron came to be a floating eye in the first place. I always enjoy the movies though because they do a good job sticking to the story in the original literature. I'm looking forward to getting the whole box set collectors set when it drops.

Comment

Never read it, never seen it..

What's the plot about?

Comment

Working...
                      X