Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frank Bruno vs David Haye who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd pick Haye. Bruno was a little bit of a statue and nowhere near Wlad's level.

Comment

the sad thing is bruno would have battered haye...........

haye looked like **** against ruiz & was dropped & hurt by Barrett

wlad is simply overrated.............

Comment

Bruno would spark Haye for sure! prime for prime Bruno for sure, if you can go back and watch Bruno's fight with Tim Witherspoon that was a hell of a fight and there is no way Haye beats that Bruno. too big to strong

Comment

LOL Bruno easily by KO, some people have got it wrong. Bruno's chin wasn't weak, he just didn't know how to tie up hos opponent. Look at the Tyson and Lewis stoppages and just see how he covered up and took punishment, His chin wasn't the problem. And that was Lennox And Tyson unloading on him, Haye's power isn't close to them too. Haye would have the speed for sure but power, size, chin and skill are all Bruno's. Bruno Would win by 4th round stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
            LOL Bruno easily by KO, some people have got it wrong. Bruno's chin wasn't weak, he just didn't know how to tie up hos opponent. Look at the Tyson and Lewis stoppages and just see how he covered up and took punishment, His chin wasn't the problem. And that was Lennox And Tyson unloading on him, Haye's power isn't close to them too. Haye would have the speed for sure but power, size, chin and skill are all Bruno's. Bruno Would win by 4th round stoppage.
            exactly right and those huge punchers still could not take Bruno off his feet! that man was a bull!

Comment

I see a lot of praise here for a guy whose best wins were Oliver McCall and Coetzee (who'd I leave out?). Oh yeah, he was so impressive in getting stopped by Tyson (losing every round) and Lewis.

Now Bruno had a good chin because he'd get bombed out while standing on his feet and not holding? Well, what if Haye hurts Bruno and he can't hold on? The man was robot with stamina issues. Haye would have an easy time finding him. Haye by stoppage, while Bruno stays standing and can't hold on.

And before the counters come in about Haye's resume, the man cleaned up at cruiser and still has prime years left in boxing if he chooses to keep fighting. Nevermind that the Valuev win is arguably as good as anything on Bruno's record.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                I see a lot of praise here for a guy whose best wins were Oliver McCall and Coetzee (who'd I leave out?). Oh yeah, he was so impressive in getting stopped by Tyson (losing every round) and Lewis.

Now Bruno had a good chin because he'd get bombed out while standing on his feet and not holding? Well, what if Haye hurts Bruno and he can't hold on? The man was robot with stamina issues. Haye would have an easy time finding him. Haye by stoppage, while Bruno stays standing and can't hold on.

And before the counters come in about Haye's resume, the man cleaned up at cruiser and still has prime years left in boxing if he chooses to keep fighting. Nevermind that the Valuev win is arguably as good as anything on Bruno's record.
                He wasn't as blessed as Haye fighting against what could quite possibly be the weakest HW division in history. Yeah he did get bombed out by Tyson and Lewis, but I can't even imagine Haye even signing the contract to fight either of them let alone lasting a round. Haye may have been great in the CW division but the HW is a different story.

I see Bruno using his jab to start things of, following with the right cross. Haye would be to worried about coming in and getting whacked with a heavy shot, he'll remain mostly defensive like against Wladamir. But unlike Wladamir, Bruno can brawl. He'll eventually push the action and start trapping Haye and unloading with the heavy artillery. Haye is no Lewis or Tyson, he doesn't have the power or chin to rumble with Bruno. He'd either be outta there by the 3rd or survive and get KO'd by the 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post

what? Bruno was giving Lewis problems until he got caught by that uppercut from lewis, and Valuev? come one man Haye ran like a ***** Evander and larry Donald did much better. and Haye ducked Cunningham at crusier but he beats Bruno at heavy really?

Comment

Originally posted by dchampisback View Post
                    what? Bruno was giving Lewis problems until he got caught by that uppercut from lewis, and Valuev? come one man Haye ran like a ***** Evander and larry Donald did much better. and Haye ducked Cunningham at crusier but he beats Bruno at heavy really?
                    Yeah, he did give Lewis problems before Lewis knocked him out in the mid rounds. And that was an off version of Lewis. If a loss like that to Lewis proves that a fighter is good, then Vitali must be some sort of god. Haye gave an "on" Wlad a tougher fight unless you somehow value performances based on how entertaining they were to fans.

And I'm not defending Haye's heavyweight resume. I'm pointing out how much Bruno's sucked and claiming that Haye's will turn out better if he simply sticks around and fights more people. I don't see Bruno being able to deal with Haye's ambushes. I may be speculating about what Haye's capable of at heavy, but at least I'm not exaggerating what a fighter with a drawn out career who accomplished nearly nothing would do.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
                      He wasn't as blessed as Haye fighting against what could quite possibly be the weakest HW division in history. Yeah he did get bombed out by Tyson and Lewis, but I can't even imagine Haye even signing the contract to fight either of them let alone lasting a round. Haye may have been great in the CW division but the HW is a different story.

I see Bruno using his jab to start things of, following with the right cross. Haye would be to worried about coming in and getting whacked with a heavy shot, he'll remain mostly defensive like against Wladamir. But unlike Wladamir, Bruno can brawl. He'll eventually push the action and start trapping Haye and unloading with the heavy artillery. Haye is no Lewis or Tyson, he doesn't have the power or chin to rumble with Bruno. He'd either be outta there by the 3rd or survive and get KO'd by the 4th.
                      Yet Bruno won a title against McCall. And Seldon held one of the other belts. And I think a fat shadow of Bowe held the other.

Say what you want about today's division, but the K bros are top ten h2h all time and arguably top 15 on resumes all time (Wlad definitely is).

Haye's getting undermined here because he's (a) hated and (b) lost to Wlad (who even beats Wlad these days? Haye came closer than just about anyone since Wlad's comeback).

Comment

Working...
                      X