Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good majors/degrees that aren't math or science.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ta Khent View Post
    In order for him to get an accounting degree, he's going to have to take an algebra class, possibly a trig class, and definitely quantitative methods. I'm an auditor and I use algebra from time to time when reviewing transactions or examining a company's evaluation method of depreciation and inventory.
    I agree. Algebra, Stat, Investment Math, Business Calc, Quantitative Approach to Management and Operational Research.

I assume you use algebra when solving for a variable not explicitly separated in a formula so I assume you do some algebraic manipulation to isolate a variable.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
      Yeah my school required some basic calc class for even business majors. It was called business calculus or something like that that they could take in lieu of the regular one.
      Yeah it's called business calculus, still calculus but with business orientation on it's application like drivatives interpreted as marginal cost, marginal profit and the likes.

Comment

I'm a high school graduate. I think it's too late for me to get good at calculus.

Comment

Not History or Pol Sci.

trust me.

Comment

I got my degree in criminal justice.. it only required algebra and statistics..maybe look into history

Comment

Working...
            X