No announcement yet.

Joe Calzaghe's options

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its either Pavlik or Jones.

I personally think Pavlik is very dangerous. Joe got stung a few times by Hopkins who isnt the KO puncher Pavlik is. I think his size and aggressivness would also be trouble.
    With Jones, his right hand leads would be a ****er. But Jones is chinny as hell, and maybe Joe could finally put him to rest. Plus Joe is too busy for old man Jones.

Jones has the money and i think he hasnt that much left. Calzaghe could potentionaly go out with a bang. But Pavlik is the star.

People will say Jones was shot and a victory means little. If he beats Pavlik, and Pavlik doesnt go on to achieve much else, then its just another Lacy overrated win.

Id go for Jones, who seems much more focused now than in his loses to Tarver and Johnson. Calzaghe could KO him.

Comment

Originally posted by fasman View Post
      He needs to fight Jones Jnr and Pavlik...

Tarver ain't really worth his effort....
      despite the fact tarver best jones twice?

calzaghe has no business being in the ring with jones, apart from the huge payday.

i'd rather he fought pavlik, jones will be an easy and meaningless win for him. he's spent enough time padding his record.

Comment

Forget all the has been washed up fighters. Joe needs to fight Carl Froch.
        If he lets the cobra land a right hand hes goin to be staying down.

Comment

Originally posted by adietheforestfa View Post
          Forget all the has been washed up fighters. Joe needs to fight Carl Froch.
          If he lets the cobra land a right hand hes goin to be staying down.
          i like froch, but he aint that good yet mate.

pavlik would destroy froch, calzaghe would destroy froch, kessler would destroy froch, miranda would destroy froch. end of.

Comment

Joe v Pavlik would be awesome. Pavlik may pose a bigger threat then RJJ owing to the power.

Didnt Bhop have a rematch clause?

Comment

Originally posted by dansapien View Post
              i like froch, but he aint that good yet mate.

pavlik would destroy froch, calzaghe would destroy froch, kessler would destroy froch, miranda would destroy froch. end of.

hahahaha

then your alarm clock goes off mate.

Comment

Originally posted by dansapien View Post
                despite the fact tarver best jones twice?

calzaghe has no business being in the ring with jones, apart from the huge payday.

i'd rather he fought pavlik, jones will be an easy and meaningless win for him. he's spent enough time padding his record.

More people would want to see calzaghe fight Jones, not Tarver...

If not Jones then even Pavlik....

And what attracts more people and makes more money for both camps then thats the fight thats going to be made....

Plus having beaten Roy sounds more attractive then having beaten Tarver...
                Last edited by fasman; 04-22-2008, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fasman View Post
                  More people would want to see calzaghe fight Jones, not Tarver...

If not Jones then even Pavlik....

And what attracts more people and makes more money for both camps then thats the fight thats going to be made....

Plus having beaten Roy sounds more attractive then having beaten Tarver...

i completely agree, in terms of cash and celebrity appeal.

but to say fighting tarver would be pointless is wrong.

i think most people would rather see calzaghe against pavlik.

Comment

Originally posted by adietheforestfa View Post
                    hahahaha

then your alarm clock goes off mate.
                    what show stopping performances against any fighters of real class makes you think otherwise?

was it one of the times he beat a journeyman in a front of a half full york hall?

Comment

I think its almost certain that he's going to fight Jones. I would like him to fight Pavlik, but i cant see it happening. Pavlik would be the hardest fight of the 3 IMO

Comment

Working...
                      X