No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire Expects To Return in March or April

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire Expects To Return in March or April

An exhausted but grateful WBO/Ring Magazine and WBC Diamond Belt super bantamweight champion Nonito "The Filipino Flash" Donaire left for his home in Las Vegas yesterday to enjoy Christmas with wife Rachel and friends and to throw a big party for his friends following an extremely successful year in the ring.

Donaire who won the WBO title in February from Wilfredo Vazquez Jr of Puerto Rico and defended it successfully against two division champion Omar Andres Narvaez of Argentina, IBF champion Jeffrey Mathebula of South Africa and Mexican warrior Jorge "Travieso" Arce last December 15 told the Manila Standard he was "not thinking about boxing, not yet, but I expect to fight sometime around March or April so lets see what they (Top Rank) come up with."

[Click Here To Read More]

I love this dude's activity/work rate.

Only if more fighters followed this path....

Comment

Arce was a soft touch, don't need another one
      come back and get Mares, go all out lobbying for that fight
      forget about shutting Rigo's mouth, that cunt can wait
      Nonito fully takes control of the division by eliminating Mares
      this TR-GB crap better not fuck this up

Comment

Hope TR gets it done..... Both are penciled in to return around the same time.... Lets see what happens

Comment

Actually, Nonito needs to slow down. Too many wars too soon will burn him out later when it will be important for his legacy.

He should fight maybe three times next year then start doing two a year like the elites.

Although, he's with Top Rank and they know how to groom their fighters for greatness (i.e. DeLaHoya, Mayweather, Cotto, etc.)

Comment

If no Rigo or Mares I expect we will see Mijares.

Comment

Originally posted by newyorican_papi View Post
              Actually, Nonito needs to slow down. Too many wars too soon will burn him out later when it will be important for his legacy.

He should fight maybe three times next year then start doing two a year like the elites.

Although, he's with Top Rank and they know how to groom their fighters for greatness (i.e. DeLaHoya, Mayweather, Cotto, etc.)
              What Wars?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                If no Rigo or Mares I expect we will see Mijares.
                I think Mijares would make a good fight.

Comment

I think Arum will finally make the Donaire Rigo fight next

Comment

So much for resting... workaholic boxer.

Comment

Working...
                    X