No announcement yet.

Israel Falou Turns His Back on the NRL.....Switches to AFL LMAO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ??? View Post
    Well at least now someone like Brent Tate will get to play.
    Good god I hope not. Tuquiri surely.

Comment

Karmichael Hunt's first AFL training session
      Kicking is pretty good considering his experience.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/tabid/76...x#VideoPlayerB

Comment

You cant blame the guy. If any other NRL player was given the chance you would think they would take it too.

The person who is a **** head is Demetriou and he thinks he can get his money back from just membership and shirt sales etc. I hope it fails on them. I cant stand the way the AFL bully Australian football and the Rugby around.

Comment

Originally posted by minasyan View Post
          You cant blame the guy. If any other NRL player was given the chance you would think they would take it too.

The person who is a **** head is Demetriou and he thinks he can get his money back from just membership and shirt sales etc. I hope it fails on them. I cant stand the way the AFL bully Australian football and the Rugby around.
          While I agree Demetriou is a wanker
          If Rugby League had a strong leader like him then perhaps it would not find itself in it's current predicament. The thing is both the Gold Coast & Western Sydney teams will be fully supported so that eventually they will take hold. The AFL are not looking short term here. People said Sydney & Brisbane would fail too and both those clubs are strong. The AFL know the numbers in the beginning will be crap. Patience and money are 2 things they have plenty of. Rugby League should have had the same long term vision twenty or thirty years ago. You can't relocate or start a new team in a new location & expect it to thrive. League should already have teams in W.A & S.A at the very least. But unfortunately expansion is not part of their vocabulary. The tops of their hands have been warm for years because they sit on em all the time. League is a fantastic game, it's just not being run anywhere near as well as it deserves.

Comment

I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
              Good god I hope not. Tuquiri surely.
              Yeah, it'll probably be one of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by woftam View Post
                Karmichael Hunt's first AFL training session
                Kicking is pretty good considering his experience.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/tabid/76...x#VideoPlayerB
                he'll end up back in rugby union too, he was pretty good for Biarritz considering he only played for 6 months

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  he'll end up back in rugby union too, he was pretty good for Biarritz considering he only played for 6 months
                  That's because the game is easy as **** and all of our top league players would be superstars in it.

Ryan Cross has played for the Wallabies FFS.

Comment

There is a long list of flops from Rugby League over the years but Karmicheel Hunt and SBW have made the transition well and will end up playing Rugby Union in the longer term, undoubtedly very talented guys. Given their success it's likely a lot more RL stars to be signed to French clubs.

The Wallabies depth is pretty poor and the player base for Union in Australia is pretty small, I think he got the nod after an injury to Mortlock. Cross was ok to good going forward but his defence was horrible. Oz actually do very well with the small numbers they have and there might well be a re-surgence in the game with the NSW Waratahs and Queensland Reds going well and the Melbourne Rebels starting up.

Comment

I shudder to think at the kind of damage guys like Greg Inglis and Jonathan Thurston would do in Union. It would be absolutely brutal.

Comment

Working...
                      X