Boxing needs USA vs. Great Britain rivalry to gain more interest in mainstream

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
    HW - Wilder would kill Haye and Fury.
    CW - If Cunningham didn't move up, he would be running the division.
    SMW - Ward beats Froch's ass (again).
    MW - Quillin would destroy everybody at MW except Golovkin.
    LW - Crawford would school everyone on the list, Broner already destroyed the Brits at LW.

America wins.
    Wilder hasn't fought anyone and backed out of the Chisora fight. He would lose to Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      I don't think Americans are really like Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Filipinos and Brits in terms of supporting fighters based on nationality. As far as I've seen they tend to support ethnically or on locality (fans support a fighter from their local city) but rarely do they support nationally.

A lot of American fans will even support foreign fighters over their local fighters as long as they're more entertaining.

I can see a lot of Americans supporting Canelo (even non Mexi-Americans) over Mayweather whereas even though at the time Eubank wasn't popular Brits would never have supported Rocchegiani or another foreign fighter over Eubank.
      Basically this. Good post. Hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Chief View Post
        My bad I was shopping with my GF so read it on the move. Loving internet on phones baby!

The US does have the best locations and money for boxing I agree, but it can be so bias for one fighter that it is a disgrace.

The same is said for the UK too. However it appears that a lot of boxers don't want rematches these days.
        No problem, Master Chief.

Comment

Cant we bring the Soviet Union back?

Comment

We should also start rivalries with the British in basketball, baseball, volleyball, futbol americano, ice hockey, swimming and 4x400m relay.

Comment

Working...
            X