Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Or Hopkins? Who's Greater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd go with Chavez here. He had a great stretch where he was beating so many of the who's who of 130-140 lb. divisions.

Originally posted by ralph22 View Post
    hopkins hyphe up alot cuz his ko's over tito and oscar lets face it those 2 were welteweights so hopkins beat smaller guys.chavez was unbeatable untill he got in drugs an being a drunk he had the worst down fall a ATG has ever had but his legacy is written and its sure a impresive one
    No he did not. Numerous ATGs had sadder falls from grace than him. Please elaborate on this claim.

Comment

Originally posted by I Rimmed Avril View Post
      chavez fought welterweights at welterweight.
      !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        Trinidad? Tarver wasn't a bum either
        What was Trinidad's best weight??

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          What was Trinidad's best weight??
          147/154 but where was Trinidad rated when that fight took place? And, what who did Tito fight before Hopkins?

IMO Chavez is greater and I don't even think is close. But, lets not act like Hopkins only beat bums. The Tito win was a damn good win. Tito was even the favorte. Not a lot of people thought Hopkins was going to win that fight. I know cuz I am a Tito fan.... He is my favorite fighter of all time.

Comment

Hopkins, but it's close.

Comment

147/154 but where was Trinidad rated when that fight took place? And, what who did Tito fight before Hopkins?

IMO Chavez is greater and I don't even think is close. But, lets not act like Hopkins only beat bums. The Tito win was a damn good win. Tito was even the favorte. Not a lot of people thought Hopkins was going to win that fight. I know cuz I am a Tito fan.... He is my favorite fighter of all time.
              most of hopkins defenses at middleweight were against mediocre fighters.

the best fighters he fought were not middleweights.

Comment

Originally posted by Cottoman View Post
                Hopkins, but it's close.
                it ain't hopkins and it ain't even close.

Comment

Originally posted by I Rimmed Avril View Post
                  chavez fought welterweights at welterweight.
                  Now thats just dumb B hop is a legend!!! I lean towards JCC being the better of the two but i am a big fan of his so take it as you will!!! I even named my son CESAR after him!!!

Comment

Trinidad? Tarver wasn't a bum either
                    trinidad was not a ww that moved up???? reread my post. old mans best wins were against smaller guys coming up in weight. tarver was a one hit wonder. who has he beat since? nobody. one hit wonder. dawson ate him up, not even close.

16 to 3 gotto say somethin
                    Last edited by Bennett; 04-08-2010, 10:53 PM.

Comment

So you give Bhop props for beating Tito, who's best weight was a division or two lower and Tito was the favorite. Buuuuuut yet you don't even give DLH credit for being the underdog against Chavez. Gotta love boxing fans lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X