No announcement yet.

Hatton Pound for Pound?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatton Pound for Pound?

Now this is where things get interesting. Everytime a top fighter loses, all these media guys bump the opponent way up. Do you remember Tarver going into the top 5 and some places even higher like 3 or 2? Now where will the media and fans put Hatton after beating a guy who everyone had top 5, most had top 3, and some had #1? I think they wont give Hatton his respect.

Roy Jones looked completely washed up but no one was willing to admit it and they said that Tarver beat the best. Now Tszyu didnt looked washed up but watch how they try to make every excuse for him and thats why they wont move Hatton high.

Here is my list

1)Hopkins
    2)Mayweather
    3)Wright
    4)Chico
    5)Hatton
    6)Castillo
    7)R. Marquez
    8)Zab
    9)Morales
    10)Toney
    11)Ouma
    12)MAB/Pac

get real mate........way too early.......you don't get pound for pound for one win..........

you need to accumulate many wins against top quality opposition.....so don't get too carried away with ONE win.......

fighting outside of his bastion will help his ratings too.

Comment

Originally posted by moochi
      get real mate........way too early.......you don't get pound for pound for one win..........

you need to accumulate many wins against top quality opposition.....so don't get too carried away with ONE win.......

Thats what you say but alot of people say that if you beat a top guy then you should get a top ranking. He deserves to be on until he loses. Even if it's just for 1 fight. You can argue how high but he has to be on it

Comment

POUND 4 POUND

Comment

Thats what you say but alot of people say that if you beat a top guy then you should get a top ranking. He deserves to be on until he loses. Even if it's just for 1 fight. You can argue how high but he has to be on it

Comment

Originally posted by DLT
            ranking yes, but pound for pound is different.......u know that.

like i said, p4p is based on many fights against top quality opposition.....that's why kostya was up there because he fought the other champs and beat them, and also fought all the top contenders....

Comment

ranking yes, but pound for pound is different.......u know that.

like i said, p4p is based on many fights against top quality opposition.....that's why kostya was up there because he fought the other champs and beat them, and also fought all the top contenders....
              When I said ranking I was talking of pound for pound. How did Tarver get there then? If you beat a top guy then you should be there because other top guys couldnt. That way if he wins his next fight then you can say thats why he's pound for pound and if he loses then you can take him off. He deserves to be there, even if only for 1 fight

Comment

Originally posted by DLT
                When I said ranking I was talking of pound for pound. How did Tarver get there then? If you beat a top guy then you should be there because other top guys couldnt. That way if he wins his next fight then you can say thats why he's pound for pound and if he loses then you can take him off. He deserves to be there, even if only for 1 fight
                i beg to differ bro...totally. it just doesn't make sense.....

if hatton had fought top ranked opponents before tszyu, then maybe he would have a case, but this was his first real top ranked opponent.....that;s why cotto isn't even on the p4p rankings yet...

scott harrison is because he has fought many top ranked opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT

Here is my list

1)Hopkins
                  2)Mayweather
                  3)Wright
                  4)Chico
                  5)Hatton
                  6)Castillo
                  7)R. Marquez
                  8)Zab
                  9)Morales
                  10)Toney
                  11)Ouma
                  12)MAB/Pac
                  Hatton deserves respect,damn i havent seen the fight yet,but if the beating was as everyone says it was, then Im tempted to put him in Tszyus place,whats his record now? like 39-0?I stilld ont know about wright tho,maybe your judging him his talent,but the only big win that has him up there is Trinidad,toney dont deserve to be 10 either, recent event havent been to his favor,lets say the win over ruiz was legit(i actually believe it was too) its not like you had ruiz up there,so why the rank?

1)Hopkins(yeah yeah)
                  2)Mayweather(of course)
                  3)Chico(Dudes been woopin ass all over the place)
                  4)Hatton(his win over a big name was more impressive)
                  5)Wright(I ususally hate on Twinky,but hes had his accomplishments)
                  6)Morales(you really need to move this guy up,at least above castillo)
                  7)R. Marquez(He's a pretty bad mofo)
                  8)Castillo(Okay he earned it,but whats his claim to fame?Losing against corrales)
                  9)Zab(well he has the belts...)
                  10)MAB/Pac(Hurry up and rematch so i can drop one of you)
                  -----the list is cut off at this point-----
                  But if anything Ouma and THEN toney,after not before.

and i dropped Tsyu too,maybe he dosent deserve to be dropped,but i consider him retired at this point,he still has his legacy tho,but thats not what this is about.

Comment

Hopkins is most people's number 1 of one win, beating Tito was the only serious challenge he's ever won(unless you count blow up, diving DLH).

Tszyu was my number 2 P4P fighter, so Hatton gotta make top 10 now.

Comment

Working...
                    X