Collapse
No announcement yet.

So yeah....Louis versus Tunney?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It depends which Louis shows up......but I certainly don't fancy the Louis of the Farr or Conn fight's chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
      If I’ve been counting right, so far there’s 3 votes for Tunney and 3 for Louis.

Let’s see what this thread heads to
      You can put me down for Louis by late KO.

Comment

Never thought of this fight before.... Fascinating matchup... Tunney and his angles and combos would be a thorn in Louis'.. If tunney's chin holds up, I think he could get a decision..
        Louis either gets a mid to late come from behind ko, or he gets outpointed

I could see it being 4-2 Tunney, but then Joe catching him in the 7th, if I was the best version of each guy

Comment

Tunney by decision or Louis by late KO if he can soften him up enough by the last part of the fight.

If forced to pick one of those possibilities I think Tunney winning is more likely.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
            That is hilarious. Louis did not figure Conn out or track him down.
            didn't Louis TKO conn?

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
              didn't Louis TKO conn?
              Yeah but very late and after being behind....many share an opinion that Conn took an unnecessary risk trading with Louis for the sake of pride and could have just coasted the last round (if memory serves correct it was the last round) and won a fifteen round easy decision. Easy because he had flumoxed Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                Yeah but very late and after being behind....many share an opinion that Conn took an unnecessary risk trading with Louis for the sake of pride and could have just coasted the last round (if memory serves correct it was the last round) and won a fifteen round easy decision. Easy because he had flumoxed Louis.
                I believe it was round 13. I don't have time to look that up but that's the round I recall reading.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  I believe it was round 13. I don't have time to look that up but that's the round I recall reading.
                  Thats Probably correct. I will Utube it later.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Tunney by decision or Louis by late KO if he can soften him up enough by the last part of the fight.

If forced to pick one of those possibilities I think Tunney winning is more likely.
                    So how in the devil do you guys get quadrillions of points anyway? You are doing something besides merely posting. I do a lot of posting myself. Are you providing liniks? What? I could make octillions of points around here.

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
                      didn't Louis TKO conn?
                      Yeah, but not because he tracked him down. Conn stopped moving. He was not tired. He decided to KO Louis. Louis was able to deal with a spent Conn in the next fight, but prime Billy he could not catch and would never have caught. Louis had the slowest feet of any heavyweight champion, at least for a highly regarded one. Valuev may have kad quicker feet. Marciano was an Irish clogg dancer next to Louis.

Comment

Working...
                      X