Erislandy Lara vs. Miguel Cotto at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Basco View Post
    Love Cotto but he gets schooled.
    Could be true. Or he could cut him off work his body over, tag him like Angulo but have the speed and experience to close the show...

Whats the word on Emanuel btw? Some tragic stuff man...

Comment

cotto is a better pressure fighter than canelo. trout also used his size and backed cotto up a lot in that fight. something lara won't do.

diaz tried to make cotto a boxer. roach is training cotto to do what he does best.
      Last edited by Big_L; 12-13-2014, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Lara by UD

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          Could be true. Or he could cut him off work his body over, tag him like Angulo but have the speed and experience to close the show...

Whats the word on Emanuel btw? Some tragic stuff man...
          I haven't heard anything else on Emanuel. Last word was that he was reacting well to treatment but I haven't seen any other updates.

Cotto could very well surprise everybody on this match for reasons you discussed.

Comment

Trout and Lara fight nothing alike. They are both southpaws and that is it.

Referencing how Cotto did against Trout or how Trout did against Lara has no bearing on this fight at all.

I stand by Cotto winning this fight. Lara isn't active enough and he only throws two punches. Trout was constantly moving his hands. He was mixing up his punches.

Lara is 1-2-1 move, 1-2-1-2 move over and over again. He gets caught on the ropes too much and takes too many body punches.

Comment

If Lara looks to impose himself he wins easily, wide decision if not a stoppage. Cotto doesn't bring anything he can't handle.

On the other hand, if he plays safety first again and tries to win rounds by 3 shots to 2 he runs the risk of getting robbed.

Comment

Working...
              X