Malaysian airline goes down in Ukraine, all 295 dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ukr...g-mh17-n162426

U.S. Finds No Direct Link to Russia in Downing of MH17

The United States has found no direct link between the Russian government and the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 last week, three senior intelligence officials said Tuesday.

The officials repeated their belief that pro-Russian separatists fired the missile that took out the jetliner over Ukraine, killing 298 people, but they said they could not say definitively that the separatists did it.

"There's not going to be a Perry Mason moment, one U.S. official," said. "We don't know who pulled the trigger."

The disclosures came a day after Russian officials challenged the United States to back up its finger-pointing with evidence.
    oh, russia wants evidence? well we got some social media links and unverified youtube videos!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...07-22-17-22-10

The officials made clear they were relying in part on social media postings and videos made public in recent days by the Ukrainian government, even though they have not been able to authenticate all of it. For example, they cited a video of a missile launcher said to have been crossing the Russian border after the launch, appearing to be missing a missile.

But later, under questioning, the officials acknowledged they had not yet verified that the video was exactly what it purported to be.

Comment

• My last post in here...

The world is grey, not black or white. But just because it is so, that does not mean that you should stop calling people out for the bad **** that they do because the other guy does it as well.

You call things out and get to the bottom of it. In the end the world will always be grey but that should not stop you from seeking the truth, regardless of how inconvenient the truth might be.

P.S. People with no imagination need direct links. There will never be a direct link, that shouldn't stop you from making up your own mind based on the evidence presented. You all like to talk about intelligence....well use it.
      Last edited by Banderivets; 07-23-2014, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
        My last post in here...

The world is grey, not black or white. But just because it is so, that does not mean that you should stop calling people out for the bad **** that they do because the other guy does it as well.

You call things out and get to the bottom of it. In the end the world will always be grey but that should not stop you from seeking the truth, regardless of how inconvenient the truth might be.

P.S. People with no imagination need direct links. There will never be a direct link, that shouldn't stop you from making up your own mind based on the evidence presented. You all like to talk about intelligence....well use it.
        There isn no "grey area", Someone shot down the plane

The answers to "who, why, and how" are out there and they are as direct as they get. Making up things using your imagination is lunacy

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          There isn no "grey area", Someone shot down the plane

Sorry bud I think you misunderstood. The world is grey there is no way around it. Any political system, any way of life is always some kind of compromise, that might suit you but not somebody else.

And as I said just because that is so, that doesn't mean you should seek the real answers.

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          The answers to "who, why, and how" are out there and they are as direct as they get. Making up things using your imagination is lunacy
          Imagination was the wrong word to use.

These guys want "direct links", as in they want a confessional and video footage from the guys who crossed the border, received the order and shot down the plane. That they will never get. What they have is evidence and they need to use their intelligence to reach a verdict and pass judgment.

Comment

• 2 more military planes were shot down today.

Another mistake seems inevitable.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...ear-mh17-crash

2 SU-25's.

They need to stop firing missiles at planes!

Comment

• It's a national mourning day in Holland today. There was a minute of silence everywhere and a memorial service has been done for most of the day. It's really beautiful but also sad to see everybody unite and pay their last respects to all the victims in this tragedy. Finally some dignity and respect for the bodies now. I'm watching tv and seeing a ton of limo's drive coffins and the highways are filled with people on the sidelines. It's very silent and emotional.

Comment

• Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                It's a national mourning day in Holland today. There was a minute of silence everywhere and a memorial service has been done for most of the day. It's really beautiful but also sad to see everybody unite and pay their last respects to all the victims in this tragedy. Finally some dignity and respect for the bodies now. I'm watching tv and seeing a ton of limo's drive coffins and the highways are filled with people on the sidelines. It's very silent and emotional.

this makes it hit home.

i can't believe that this isn't a bigger story in the states. i think it's clearly a product of american media being influenced by a federal government that treads lightly with russia.

a war with russia could end the freaking world. i understand that one must tread lightly. still, nearly 300 people were killed. there should be more outrage.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                  this makes it hit home.

i can't believe that this isn't a bigger story in the states. i think it's clearly a product of american media being influenced by a federal government that treads lightly with russia.

a war with russia could end the freaking world. i understand that one must tread lightly. still, nearly 300 people were killed. there should be more outrage.
                  I agree man. We haven't had a national mourning day since 1962. I haven't seen Holland so hurt due to a tragedy in a long long time. This really hit us right in the heart, me personally too since a student at my school was in the plane. Usually the biggest happenings in Holland are internationally big news, this should be too, as well as the other countries that are holding memorials for their victims. The more I think about what happened the more disgusted I am. Such a needless and brutal tragedy and the events that followed afterwards too.

Comment

• what are the chances we go to war with Russia?

Comment

Working...
                    X