Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is it about him that makes you even like Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it about him that makes you even like Floyd?

This is an open letter to Mayweather fans. I just don't see where you get off liking this guy. I don't even know where to start. Let me start by saying this. The guy is not even normal, I mean the guy is a freak athlete. Therefor you should be rooting against him by default. Every chromosome in this guy's DNA lines up perfectly. You can tell by his perfectly round head. His perfect answers in interviews. His perfectly crisp shots. You can tell by the way he plays basketball even.

You should be rooting for the common folk. 99% of the men in the world can never do what he this guy can do. I just don't get it not to mention his personality is as dry as a board. Without his undefeated shtick what would he even talk about? His money? Give me a F' break. You know that **** gets annoying, don't even lie.

I remember I was at a Floyd fight at a sports bar and some brothers who where behind Floyd eventually just started rooting against him. It seems like even Floyd fans are conflicted.

By the way I scored the fight 7-5 Floyd against Pacquaio but rewatched it with no sound and got 7-5 Pacquaio.

Originally posted by Double_m_g_ View Post
    This is an open letter to Mayweather fans. I just don't see where you get off liking this guy. I don't even know where to start. Let me start by saying this. The guy is not even normal, I mean the guy is a freak athlete. Therefor you should be rooting against him by default. Every chromosome in this guy's DNA lines up perfectly. You can tell by his perfectly round head. His perfect answers in interviews. His perfectly crisp shots. You can tell by the way he plays basketball even.

You should be rooting for the common folk. 99% of the men in the world can never do what he this guy can do. I just don't get it not to mention his personality is as dry as a board. Without his undefeated shtick what would he even talk about? His money? Give me a F' break. You know that **** gets annoying, don't even lie.

I remember I was at a Floyd fight at a sports bar and some brothers who where behind Floyd eventually just started rooting against him. It seems like even Floyd fans are conflicted.

By the way I scored the fight 7-5 Floyd against Pacquaio but rewatched it with no sound and got 7-5 Pacquaio.
    I was a fan of Packy but ended hating him, and his fans because of their hypocrisy. Then I became a Fan of May when I began to appreciate the way he fights... hit and not get hit, with faculties intact long after he retires.

Comment

i don't appreciate his criminal act and lifestyle
      but he is the successful case of "if you train 1 human to 1 thing his entire life" he will be really good at it

people teased him "he can't read" but i do think personally he is the smartest boxer in the history (not the greatest one), how he market each fight, how he master the art of get hit and not get hit (especially when his father started coach him again, he get even more defensive)

i think people who complain a lot about his hugging, running, etc against pac really don't appreciate boxing defense

maybe if they put go pro camera on floyd's head and see his point of view in the fight in his last fight (not serious), people will appreciate more how he dodges punches and connect his counter punches

he maybe a douche and you may not appreciate him as an entertaining fighter (i do too)

but you got to admit he have one of the best defensive skill in boxing (all time)
      Last edited by Cled; 05-31-2015, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow-boxer View Post
        I was a fan of Packy but ended hating him, and his fans because of their hypocrisy. Then I became a Fan of May when I began to appreciate the way he fights... hit and not get hit, with faculties intact long after he retires.
        Yea but what is it about him that makes you like him to the point where you want him to keep it up. Because just his defensive qualities don't do it for me. I admire and appreciate the way he hits and doesn't get hit and sometimes I feel he deserves to go out undefeated but then I come to my senses. He doesn't deserve it because he is not a people pleaser he is selfish and comes out and makes dubious claims like he is the best ever. Still I wish the best of luck to him.

Comment

I used to like him because it was the "cool" thing to do and made you seem educated in the science. More recently, I decided to be honest with myself and just admit that he's a boring, fight-ruining , game player. When It comes to admiring technique, I prefer a guy like Ward who will at least stand with a guy and gets some finishes. I'm tired of pretending Floyd is a compelling boxer.

Comment

He's successful... what more do you want? You can talk all the s.hit you want about him but I like him because he's real... he doesn't have to p.ussy foot with the media cuz his endorsements might stop...ppl don't like him because they want him to abide by society's standards... I like him because he doesn't... as far as boxing I rooted for pac...

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              I used to like him because it was the "cool" thing to do and made you seem educated in the science. More recently, I decided to be honest with myself and just admit that he's a boring, fight-ruining , game player. When It comes to admiring technique, I prefer a guy like Ward who will at least stand with a guy and gets some finishes. I'm tired of pretending Floyd is a compelling boxer.
              When Floyd was Ward's age he had more fights and more knockouts. There is no way Ward is a more compelling boxer than Floyd. Floyd has beaten nearly triple the amount of world champions Ward has and he's done it through the span five weight classes. Ward still competes in his first weight class despite saying he eventually wants to move up to heavyweight.

Like Sugar Ray Leonard said recently "Floyd epitomizes the sweet science." As he's gotten older he relies on his boxing IQ more than his physical attributes, which has allowed him to prolong his career and preserve his health.

I don't care for the "money persona" but I recognize that it's brilliant self promotion and has essentially made him the richest prize fighter ever. His legal issues outside of the ring are bad but there are boxers with equally bad track records and even worse and are still revered by fans. I'm not going to judge him for his personal failings. Larry Merchant once said when asked about Floyd's personal life "there are very few saints in boxing."

Floyd may not be the greatest but he is the greatest of his era. And that is essentially all he can do. Be the best of his time.
              Last edited by Johnwoo8686; 05-31-2015, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                I agree, he is obviously very skilled but he he gives so little of himself and basically does the very minimum to win fights. I could care less about him not taking damage, this is a brutal sport, if he was concerned about his health he should have retired.

The first Floyd fight I saw live was Cotto, which I really enjoyed, so I liked him at first(I think he took a risk with Cotto in the 12th which I haven't seen him do since then), but the more I learned about him the more I disliked him. I think you have to be a very dedicated fan to simply ignore all the ***** **** Floyd has done over the years, from the Ortiz KO, to his ducking, to the Maidana gloves situation, etc. I think the people who like him sympathize with him because if they were in the same position they would do the same thing(Money over Glory), but I think that's the wrong mindset for a fighter. Just my opinion.

Comment

I like him because he embodies some of the best boxing skills I have ever seen. I'm talking about his whole resume (not just the old Floyd).

Comment

His perfectly round head is why does it for me

Comment

Working...
                    X