Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAY overweight, hitting the Heavybag, need some tips...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAY overweight, hitting the Heavybag, need some tips...

**CLICK THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM FOR THE VIDEO OF ME HITTING THE HEAVYBAG**

Wasup everybody, my name is Anthony, I'm 21 years old, I'm around 5'11" or 6'0" and about in the 290lbs range in weight. Give me tips on a good diet, tips on my punches, and just anything you fellas can help me out with. I'm sick of being overweight, I'm ready to make a change, I wanna be able to compete with the people in my gym, and/or start doing some local fights in Boxing and MMA. So here's me hitting the heavybag, any negative feedback or positive feedback is fine with me. Preciate it fellas.

http://youtu.be/MwPoErU8Tgo?hd=1
    Last edited by ANT_P1989; 08-17-2011, 12:12 AM. Reason: Small changes

Comment

Just work hard in the gym, and you'll see the results.
      A good diet is very important, remember, 6-packs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.

Good luck, I'm trying to drop a bit of weight myself. Joining an MMA gym soon, I'm looking at Wand Fight Team in Vegas

Comment

Appreciate that homie, I just gotta get mentally prepared to eat right and shed the pounds. Working out doing MMA and Boxing is fun to me, so going to the gym is no problem. Thanks for all the advice, check out my video and tell me what you think of my punches and combos.

Comment

Your punches are thrown pretty nicely... nice snap on your jab only thing i can comment on is try to bring your left hand back to your face after everytime you throw it. You kind of drop it after you, throw your hooks and jabs. Also try getting lower, not too low cuz you seem tall so you have that nice hieght advantage. So get a little lower and practice working the body more. But other than that like mexicanmauler said it takes hard work and time. Keep going to the gym, boxing is one of the best workouts in the world. Keep it up and even if you get discouraged at times or tired, just keep going. Dont think about the distance think about the destination.

Comment

Preciate that A LOT homie, thanks for all the advice fellas, if I can drop all this fat from around my body I would be quicker, sharper, stronger and have a lot more footwork and stamina. I gotta buckle down and get serious about losing weight and getting healthy.

Comment

Yea you'll get there... I honestly think you have potential your punches are pretty sharp.

Comment

Lol I guess my punches look ok for a fat dude ha ha.

Comment

5`9 290 lbs? no tips for you man, too late to think about your shape

Comment

As long as your still breathing its never too late

Comment

Working...
                    X