Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wimbledon 2011

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be exciting, outside the top 4 though I can't see anyone winning it.

Nadal is rightfully so, the favourite. His forehand is awesome on clay/grass and his serve works very well on grass because it kind of slides of it, this is in the second week of wimbledon mind not the first where there is alot of fresh grass on the surface as opposed to week two where its got a lot of dirt present.

Im interested to see how Djokovic performs here, because he hasn't really played well on Grass ever apart from maybe Queens 2008 where he gave a game Nadal a good match. He has the game to be very successful, especially now his baseline game is just so accurate. We will see how he rebounds from the Federer loss. BTW He also played Giles Simon as a warmup game to get ready for Wimbledon and beat him 6-1 6-2, so he's looking pretty decent albeit Simon exactly a great grass player still someone who has a decent game.

Federer's French Open was so impressive, I sensed that he would beat Djokovic purely because the surface but mainly the balls were fast this year which favour Federer and I knew if anyone was to beat this guy on a role it had to be Federer. Nadal couldn't do it, he lost to Djok twice on clay master after master. He played the best tennis imo throughout the French open just let his lead slip against Nadal at the beginning and then it was game over. He was dominated Nadal for a while in that match but then Nadal stepped it up abit as well and on Clay he is THE man. Im looking forward to Federer this slam and I genuinely think he has a great chance to win this, hes aged but he is still ahead of every other player at the slams bar Nadal/Djokovic who he can beat but is also beatable with their talent.

Murray isn't going to win this imo, his first serve is potent WHEN it actually goes in but his First serve % is often sooo low, this matters on grass where that serve can get you many cheap points. His forehand is weak compared to the rest of his game, he can rip it but rarely does.

Comment

With the Williams sisters back I'd have to make Serena favourite for the title.. If she doesn't perform there's probably ten other women that can win it.

Clijsters has pulled out with a foot injury.
      Last edited by Doorag; 06-19-2011, 12:51 PM.

Comment

With the Williams sisters back I'd have to make Serena favourite for the title.. If she doesn't perform there's probably ten other women that can win it.

Clijsters has pulled out with a foot injury.

Comment

Novak is banging Wozniacki

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/13830535.stm

Comment

Would love to see Roger win at least one more!

Comment

Wimbledon is my favourite tennis tournament. I want Federer to win it. In my opinion, Djokovic won't reach the final. Apart from the top 3 favourites, I'm looking forward to see Tsonga, Murray and Roddick.

Comment

After the French Nadal's confidence is back and I think he retains it.

Comment

Federer or Novak

Comment

Yeah Nadal I think takes this one. Don't know about the women, it's a toss up, but who knows Serena could pull it off, but Im gonna go with Li Na winning back to back slams.

Comment

Verdasco is 1 set away from costing me 130 quid on an 11 match accumulator. Twat.

Comment

Working...
                      X