Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Poll) In His Prime Was Roy Jones Jr Unbeatable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    So in one link, a writer claims he ducked him. In the other, it says Nunn lost to Graciano Rochigianni for the LHW title. Hmm.
    I also felt it was bull**** how he got back the WBC title that Rochigianni earned to get by the way. I didn't understand that move.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Where did I say he ducked him?
      So are you saying you didn't say that?

Ok cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
        Nunn was his no 1 mandatory and Graciano was his no 2, when Jones vacated the WBC belt they fought for the vacant belt, which Graciano won. Jones later on would say he wanted the belt back and Graciano was stripped.
        So then Jones didn't duck Nunn...?

Comment

So then Jones didn't duck Nunn...?
          I never said he did

After Roy Jones Jr. dropped his title for aplanned move to the heavyweight division, the two leading contenders, Graciano Rocchigiani and Michael Nunn, fought in Germany in 1998 for the vacant title. Rocchigiani won and was crowned champion. After Jones announced that he was going to stay at the light heavyweight, the WBC downgraded Rocchigiani's status to "interim champ" and later stripped him of that status and gave the title back to Jones.

After the WBC filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in 2003, the two parties reached a private settlement, which is reputed to span seven years.
          http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=10203

Comment

Ok... and?

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              I also felt it was bull**** how he got back the WBC title that Rochigianni earned to get by the way. I didn't understand that move.
              That was complete BS.

Comment

• (Before this bout, then-WBC Light Heavyweight champion Roy Jones made his intentions to fight Heavyweight James 'Buster' Douglas on May 20, 1998 instead of Michael Nunn, the WBC mandated challenger. The WBC title was then declared vacant and contested between #1 rated Nunn and #2 rated Graciano Rocchigiani. However, in June of 1998 the WBC illegally down-graded Rocchigiani's classification to that of an 'interim' champion, and then stripped him outright, having declared Roy Jones as being the champion in recess. Rocchigiani sued the WBC and was awarded $31 million in damages. Also as a result of this lawsuit, a United States District Judge retroactively restored Rocchigiani’s official WBC Light Heavyweight championship status in April 2003, but only from 03-28-1998 to 04-15-2000, when he lost to Dariusz Michalczewski.)
                http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:12432

Comment

• Ok... and?

Comment

Ok... and?
                    Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    When was Nunn the mandatory?

How did he lose his ranking?

Or did he never lose it?

Was Nunn ever given the chance to fight for the LHW title?

Simple questions, Battling.
                    I was responding to this question

Comment

I was responding to this question
                      Forget it HB. Dazy is in his troll mood.

Comment

Working...
                      X