No announcement yet.

l-carnitine supplement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• l-carnitine supplement

anyone knows anything about that? what's it for?

Loosing weight in your wallet. Most natural supplements do nothing. Why do you think so many athletes take steroids?

Comment

Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
      Loosing weight in your wallet. Most natural supplements do nothing. Why do you think so many athletes take steroids?
      i wouldn't agree with you... next opinion, please.

Comment

Search www.t-nation.com for it.
        They got some of the best info.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Goat View Post
          i wouldn't agree with you... next opinion, please.
          I've been down the whole road and back again.

Most supplements don’t work. And if they do barely work like androstien all be it in very high doses or ephedra it isn't long before they are banned.

L-Carnatine is supposed to aid in weight loss and increase energy because of its role in the Krebs cycle. But it is far from the limiting agent in the Krebs cycle so taking more of it does ... get this .... nothing. Now people can and often times are deficient in carnitine. If you feel tired and run down low carnitine or CoQ10 can be to blame. But if you aren't deficient in either taking more isn't going to do anything for your body. I.e. if you car has stopped on the side of the road putting gas in it will fix the problem. But putting even more gas in it wont make it go any faster.

Natural body builders and others who buy into this stuff are easily the most pathetic thing on the planet. They will take anything proven or unproven without knowing what it is or what it does or if it works so long as its legal. The one good thing about the juicers is that they know damn good and well what they are using, how it works, that it works, and what the dangers are.

Comment

The only things that work are fat burners.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Goat View Post
              anyone knows anything about that? what's it for?
              i'll tell u the only thing it did for me, my d@#k gets up after about half an hour of taking it

Comment

3. Carnitine

What Is It?

Carnitine is a naturally occurring substance that has traditionally been marketed as a fat loss agent in the form of Acetyl-L-Carnitine.

What Does It Do?

Due to equivocal results, most people don’t generally use carnitine for fat loss anymore. Fortunately recent data have shown this supplement to potentially help with muscle growth, strength, and recovery.

How Does It Work?

Carntine has been shown to increase the number of receptors (aka docking sites) for the hormone testosterone in our muscle. Testosterone is an incredibly anabolic hormone, and more docking sites means that more of its signal can get into our cells. This means greater muscle growth/repair and strength through a completely natural means.

What Else Can It Do?

There is also potential for Carnitine to enhance recovery through improved muscle blood flow and neural recovery. Other possible benefits include aggression, acid buffering, and boosting natural testosterone levels, but detailing these impressive effects is beyond the scope of this article.

What Kind Should I Use?

There are several kinds of carnitine on the market although research shows that Carnitine-L-Tartrate (CLT) is the most bioavailable. This is also the kind that has been used exclusively in the testosterone receptor studies.

How Do I Use It?

CLT usually comes in capsule form and is widely available. A total of 1g is generally used in 2 divided doses throughout the day with carbohydrate-containing meals.

FAQ Shouldn’t [supplement x] be presented in this article?

The supplement you are looking for may be included in another part of this series. Otherwise…This series is limited to supplements with a proven track record through scientific evidence as well as “in the gym” testing. Although athletic supplements are ubiquitous, their efficacy is not.
                http://www.raisethebarr.net/

Comment

Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
                  I've been down the whole road and back again.

Most supplements don’t work. And if they do barely work like androstien all be it in very high doses or ephedra it isn't long before they are banned.

L-Carnatine is supposed to aid in weight loss and increase energy because of its role in the Krebs cycle. But it is far from the limiting agent in the Krebs cycle so taking more of it does ... get this .... nothing. Now people can and often times are deficient in carnitine. If you feel tired and run down low carnitine or CoQ10 can be to blame. But if you aren't deficient in either taking more isn't going to do anything for your body. I.e. if you car has stopped on the side of the road putting gas in it will fix the problem. But putting even more gas in it wont make it go any faster.

Natural body builders and others who buy into this stuff are easily the most pathetic thing on the planet. They will take anything proven or unproven without knowing what it is or what it does or if it works so long as its legal. The one good thing about the juicers is that they know damn good and well what they are using, how it works, that it works, and what the dangers are.
                  What are you qualifications to say any of this? Who have you studied with/under?

Comment

Originally posted by D.C. View Post
                    What are you qualifications to say any of this? Who have you studied with/under?
                    he's just a troll, don't bother... and thanks for posting that article

Comment

Working...
                    X