No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paulie Malignaggi's Master Plan: This is Just Step One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Paulie Malignaggi's Master Plan: This is Just Step One

By Thomas Gerbasi - Paulie Malignaggi won't ever be accused of using one word when ten will do. And though some may not subscribe to his "more is more" approach, even they would admit that the former world champion is and always has been an honest fighter...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Watched Paulie long before the Cotto fight and just liked the dude's grit, and the fact that he could control fighters with his speed and style who were much stronger than him.

Comment

While he gets a lot of hate on this site, I have the highest respect for Paulie. He has tons of guts and real skills. For a fighter with his power limitations to achieve what he has is pretty impressive. Once in an interview, Bro Naazim Richardson mused that if Paulie M. had power, he could have been the greatest- its sounds crazy, but I think there is something to that. This was after Bro Naazim said "Paulie couldn't knock a glass of water off a table with a running start". LOL

And his podcast is great; If you haven't listened, and you love boxing, then highly recommend it.

Comment

He talks so much for a guy who's lost ALL his big fights.

Comment

Comment

Why? Because he spends money like he's got a printing press. Paulie is a nice enough dude in person but this ninja tries to live life like his career will never end.

Comment

why does the article(puff piece) say that paulie gave a good effort against garcia? he got pummeled, dominated, and looked like a shot bum and this is against a guy in garcia who has concrete feet. you would think paulie would have done better. the guy always sucked but now he's especially bad.

his resume is flat out garbage. he loses to guys like ngoudjo and cano. his best wins are lovemore ndou and senchenko. why oh why does boxing let this happen. in the ufc guys get cut well when can we cut paulie from boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by fightfanjoe View Post
                Bro Naazim Richardson mused that if Paulie M. had power, he could have been the greatest- its sounds crazy, but I think there is something to that. This was after Bro Naazim said "Paulie couldn't knock a glass of water off a table with a running start". LOL

And his podcast is great; If you haven't listened, and you love boxing, then highly recommend it.
                Yeah, but then you could say if he had power, would he have developed his other skills as much to make up for lack of power?

If is a big word in boxing. If Khan had a chin, he'd be a great fighter. etc. etc.

But yes, in theory Paulie with power would have been incredible but those theories doesn't exist in reality, you could say it about anybody.

I'm still a fan of Paulie though, he gets a lot of hate sometimes but i find him as straight-talking as they come. Also a 2 weight world champ, can't really knock that. Just fell short of top level, but not everybody can be. Plus a younger Paulie would have schooled Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                  Yeah, but then you could say if he had power, would he have developed his other skills as much to make up for lack of power?

If is a big word in boxing. If Khan had a chin, he'd be a great fighter. etc. etc.

But yes, in theory Paulie with power would have been incredible but those theories doesn't exist in reality, you could say it about anybody.

I'm still a fan of Paulie though, he gets a lot of hate sometimes but i find him as straight-talking as they come. Also a 2 weight world champ, can't really knock that. Just fell short of top level, but not everybody can be. Plus a younger Paulie would have schooled Broner.
                  sure you can. broner's a 4 weight champ and he beat lovemore ndou and senchenko to win belts and those guys aren't very good.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    sure you can. broner's a 4 weight champ and he beat lovemore ndou and senchenko to win belts and those guys aren't very good.
                    Well it's all relative. I'm just saying that Paulie has achieved more than 99.999% of people that step foot in a boxing gym with aspirations.

Comment

Working...
                    X