Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conor rocked Nate 2x Why is that ignored?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do we ignore the first 1 minute and 20 seconds of Lesnar vs Mir?
    Why do we ignore the first 4 and a 1/2 rounds of Silva vs Sonnen?
    Why do we ignore the first 3 minutes of GSP vs Serra?

It doesn't matter who fights the best war. Only who wins it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      The whole first 5mins is ignored. It was looking like a standard Conor dominant W in the first round. I vividly recall hoping Nate would do better in the 2nd round so to not embarrass himself cuz I'm a fan of both fighters and thought Nate was on his way to being stopped or losing wide.

In hindsight now the fight is Nate "starting slow" instead of getting the **** beat out of him in the first round oddly to me cuz I recall my feelings in the moment.
      That's kind of the point for me. Conor was dominant and teeing off for 5+ mins and aside from the cut Nate was fine. Nate was on top for 2 minutes? Not much more than that. And he rocked Conor and submitted him. That's the worrying thing for Conor's team. How quickly Nate put matters to bed once he had the upper hand. Conor couldn't handle the pace, the power, or the jiu-jitsu. And the second he let up on his own attack Nate came right after him.

Comment

Cause Nate was not seriously rocked. Connors first round is getting over-rated, and I'm not even saying he can't win a rematch but I don't think it will be like the first fight so I don't take much from it.

Nate was coming in cold like Silva, and still beat him.

Comment

Because mcgreggy tapped like "scuse me please stop choking me sir"

Comment

No won cares who wins a battle but who wins the war

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              The whole first 5mins is ignored. It was looking like a standard Conor dominant W in the first round. I vividly recall hoping Nate would do better in the 2nd round so to not embarrass himself cuz I'm a fan of both fighters and thought Nate was on his way to being stopped or losing wide.

In hindsight now the fight is Nate "starting slow" instead of getting the **** beat out of him in the first round oddly to me cuz I recall my feelings in the moment.
              its not being ignored... that's just how the diaz brothers fight. since when has nate dominated from the get go? lol... diaz brothers are slow starter but strong finisher.

Comment

I like both fighters so I have no bias. Personally I think Nate is going to beat Conor again. It will be a very similar fight - Conor will edge the first round (he will be more careful) and he might shade the second round too. But eventually Nate will get his rythm and start to win the stand up exchanges and Conor will have no choice but to let it go to the ground where a tap out is easier than getting KO'd

Conor is too small for welterweight. It's that simple.

Comment

I don't see how Conor can win the rematch against Diaz. I don't think he has the cardio to outwork an iron chinned, cardio machine like Nate for five rounds.

I doubt he'll knockout or stop Diaz and the thought of him submitting Diaz is completely laughable.

But seriously, Conor's best chance is to get a stoppage due to cuts, which is still a longshot.

Comment

A guy with, how many days/weeks notice? got rocked by a top 3 P4P fighter in the UFC at the time?

That's the least he could do, at least rock him a couple of times. A guy who trained for someone else vs a guy who barely trained. I'll expect the guy who trained for someone else and is in better shape to do a little better than that against someone who just got off the couch

Comment

Originally posted by elina jhon View Post
                      Conor's beautiful flush counter snaps Nate's head in such a bad concussive manner it jolts his arms upwards. Nate was stunned.
                      conor did not rock Nate. He got some really hard flush punches on him, but he did not "rock" him.

I think if Conor fights smart he can decision Nate. But he will definitely not finish him in the rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X