No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photo: Canelo Comes in at 163.8-Pounds - 30 Day Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
    When Canelo was first coming up I couldn't stand him. Mostly because he was being hyped up as the next big thing, but he was only fighting washed up or undersized fighters. I wasn't a fan of how protected he was by Golden Boy and I wanted to see him fight a real threat. Since he fought Trout, he's definitely earned my respect with the lineup he's made work of. With the exception of the Lara robbery and the respectable showing he gave against Floyd, I'd say he's dominated everyone else he's faced. If he can beat GGG, he'll be the man in boxing, no question.
    Hm? He got walked down and was scared to engage.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      yeah, one guy is about 3 pounds over his fighting weight 30 days out and the other is about 8 pounds over his.
      So can GGG if he wanted to. GGG a lil, itty, bitty, isty Middleweight!

The way GGG fans tell the story is that GGG is like a Flyweight fighting and KO'ing PRIME Mike Tysons's/Lennox Lewis/Muhammed Ali HEAVYWEIGHS clones. doe!

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
        Real boxing fans want competitive fights, Little G and his fans didn't want that, they defended Little G continuing to fight cans. **** Little G and his fans.
        Come on brodah... come on, what's wrong with you? is it so hard to use the brain? Stop the ... it won't turn you white. If you have that insecurity issue you should call michael jackson Drs.

Comment

When Canelo was first coming up I couldn't stand him. Mostly because he was being hyped up as the next big thing, but he was only fighting washed up or undersized fighters. I wasn't a fan of how protected he was by Golden Boy and I wanted to see him fight a real threat. Since he fought Trout, he's definitely earned my respect with the lineup he's made work of. With the exception of the Lara robbery and the respectable showing he gave against Floyd, I'd say he's dominated everyone else he's faced. If he can beat GGG, he'll be the man in boxing, no question.
          But he doesn't want to fight GGG and everyone knows this... he weights 175 on fight night compared to GGG's 170. He shouldn't be asking GGG to come down to 155. It's a MW title fight. And Canelo is heavier. But he's a coward.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Hm? He got walked down and was scared to engage.
            All that and that's all you took home ha ha. I'm not saying he looked good, but he maintained his composure and faired better than most, especially for a 21 year old kid. In his defense, he tried to engage, but Floyd was just to fast and too slick to let that happen.

Comment

All that and that's all you took home ha ha. I'm not saying he looked good, but he maintained his composure and faired better than most, especially for a 21 year old kid. In his defense, he tried to engage, but Floyd was just to fast and too slick to let that happen.
              Bigger guy in the ring yet didn't want to impose his size. The dude doesn't like getting tagged, simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                Canelo 5'9 , 75 reach
                GGG 5'10, 75 reach

Can't fight at 160 tho
                Funny How Lara is listed at 5'-9", Floyd 5'-8.5", and Khan 5'-8" and yet ALL THREE are taller then Canelo???? How is that??? Does he shrink down to his Caneloweight???

Canelo is between 5'-7" and 5'-8". I've seen him in person you must be the other guy who just WIKI's sht.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  But he doesn't want to fight GGG and everyone knows this... he weights 175 on fight night compared to GGG's 170. He shouldn't be asking GGG to come down to 155. It's a MW title fight. And Canelo is heavier. But he's a coward.
                  I agree Canelo is on some bull with this absurd 155 demand. He's definitely taking a page out of Cotto's book there and Pacquiao before him. This "Canelo-weight" is nonsense. Not a fan of fighters defending titles at catch-weights below the title weight. With that being said, let's be real here, Canelo is likely the only guy who could compete against GGG. That fight is a tossup.

Comment

not a middleweight doe

Comment

Both can make 160, both can make 155.. Why doesn't ggg just take the stupid catchweight and murk this guy already?

Or why not simply decline his offers, have the fight go to purse bid and let hbo/k2 and whatever other party involved outbid the other side?

Comment

Working...
                      X