U.S. Department of Homeland Defense buys 540,000,000 rounds of ammo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jose830 View Post

Bring on the Zombies!
    I hope you are not stocking up on the reloaded wadcutters (pic above). They won't last 4 years bro.

Buy new round balls FMJ then coat the edges of the primers with nail polish. Keep the ammo in the original manufacturer's packaging and keep them in dry place. That should guarantee the ammo lasting at least 15 years.

However, if you want those reloads, make sure the head you are using are properly lubricated to maintain long term powder integrity.

Better still, get a reloader and stock up on casings, powder, primers, and heads. Make sure you have the proper reloading dyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post
      I hope you are not stocking up on the reloaded wadcutters (pic above). They won't last 4 years bro.

Buy new round balls FMJ then coat the edges of the primers with nail polish. Keep the ammo in the original manufacturer's packaging and keep them in dry place. That should guarantee the ammo lasting at least 15 years.

However, if you want those reloads, make sure the head you are using are properly lubricated to maintain long term powder integrity.

Better still, get a reloader and stock up on casings, powder, primers, and heads. Make sure you have the proper reloading dyes.
      those rounds are strictly for the range

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
        those rounds are strictly for the range
        Very true.

Comment

In target shooting, they are used for greater accuracy and reduction of smoke, fouling, and lead vapour exposure, as hollow point bullets have an enclosed base while traditional bullets have an exposed lead base.
          Seems they are used in practise?

Comment

There's only one possible explanation.

The government knows more about the zombie apocalypse than we do.

They already had an incident in Miami they tried to cover up with "bath salts"

bath salts? really?

Comment

No-one has ever given an explanation why the Americna government would wage war on the people anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                There's only one possible explanation.

The government knows more about the zombie apocalypse than we do.

They already had an incident in Miami they tried to cover up with "bath salts"

bath salts? really?

You can't be serious right?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post

I seen ammo from ****in 1950 that was still good. Just buy factory ammo and stick in a U.S. military ammo can. It will be good for decades.

I NEVER use reloads

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
                    I seen ammo from ****in 1950 that was still good. Just buy factory ammo and stick in a U.S. military ammo can. It will be good for decades.

I NEVER use reloads
                    If factory ammo are stored in a tightly lid dry box or dry wooden crates with moisture absorbers and kept in a dry room, it could last for decades.

Reloads are mainly for practice and special shooting environment. I use my own reloads for matches.
                    Last edited by Daniel Alpha; 06-14-2012, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, how does the factory ammo, properly stored, compare to having the powder, casings and heads all stored properly and then assembling your own ammo?

It seems like if the goal is longevity, having the materials and assembling them yourself with a re-loader (as described above) could be the best solution. Or, is manufactured ammo, properly stored, just as good? Or better?

Again, I'm just curious.

Comment

Working...
                      X