Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Mayweather Vs Guerrero sale so much when...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post

Floyd's first fight after getting leaked up against Cotto....whispers of his decline mixed with coming back from a jail term....the public was interested in a fight that normally wouldn't make their radar....plus the Ruben-Big Floyd spin got the soap opera lovers to kick out some cash for a sporting event

Pac reads the bible on planes....Floyd counts money he carry around in Gucci and LV bags....good girls love bad guys....Floyd might have one of the biggest female fan bases in the game atm.....the chicks spend money to watch Floyd....Haye got the hoes as well....my sister don't even watch boxing but me and my big bro know we can get a grub and watch a Floyd fight at her house whenever he fights....I know alot of chicks in Philly and in Europe who spend money to watch Money
    American sports icons are men like lawrence taylor,,babe ruth, jordan, tysonn ali. Any of these guys goodie 2 shoes like manny portrays himself to be? No. Floyd resonatesd with the public because he came from nothing and made it big. Only pac fans and floyd haters don't respect and appreciate that.

To parapharse jay-z, "less is more there is plenty of us,Says a lot about them if they aint feelin us ."

Comment

Originally posted by MGMGRAND View Post
      So May Vs Guerrero wasn't a financial success for HBO due to the amount they were paying Mayweather, but otherwise it had good PPV sales.

Now, I'm told by all my friends that are Manny Pacquiao fans that Manny is more popular than Floyd and Rios is more popular than Guerrero.

So if Manny (Bigger than Floyd) - Rios (Bigger than Guerrero) than shouldn't their PPV had easily outsold May Vs Guerrero?
      **** all these floydiot alts.

Comment

1. floyd is the p4p #1

2. manny got a gift in jmm3, robbed vs bradley, iced in jmm4,, that was 3 straight ppv fights that didnt sit well for the general public, except for jmm4, but that fight hurt manny's standing in the sport,, but basically 3 bad outings for team pac

3. he took a year layoff, and had fallen out of the USA public eye

4. Cameback in Macua, so his fight didnt generate alot of buzz in America since it wasnt in a city where people could go to, or even talk about it,, there was little buzz about the fight

5. He fought at best a B-level fighter, that no one gave much chance to except if manny was totally shot and chin cracked,,

6. Had manny comeback and faced jmm5 or bradley 2, the ppv buyrate would have been much much better, especially jmm5 that probably would have been the highest ppv of manny's career

7.If floyd won a gift decision vs ghost, then got robbed vs canelo, then iced by khan, and he took a year layoff and cameback vs pauli, the buyrate would be similar to rios-manny, probably alittle higher due to it being in america, but would be considered a flop compared to floyd's previous ppv events

Comment

I honestly don't think PPV draws really matters but do you think there's a country other than the US which Mayweather is more popular than Pacquiao?

Floyd's currently on top but Pac is the global icon

Comment

Working...
          X