Kurt Cobain appreciation thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrushMyCage View Post
    can u imagine kurt doing a trip hop in late 90s
    If Iggy Pop can sell car insurance, Henry Rollins become a hollywood actor, Johnny Rotten be on a reality tv show and Chris Cornell make techno music, then Cobain doing some trip hop is doable.

He would of moved on from guitar rock definitely. For a while at least. And made some terrible music like all greats do.

Comment

watch Cobain: Montage of Heck

it's a good docu about Kurt, i think it's also co-produced by HBO

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
        He was a junky wasnt he.

Crazy in the head .
        Blasted himself.
        ?

You're thinking of someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
          ?

You're thinking of someone else.

he was a heroin addict, drug addict, alcoholic.

i think the umbrella term "addict" is sufficient.
          Last edited by New England; 07-09-2015, 11:11 AM.

Comment

I have always been a big hip hop head. When Nirvana hit I listened to them as much as I did hip hop. Cobain opened my mind. IMO he is every bit the genius I think QTip and Dr. Dre are.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyCage View Post
              can u imagine kurt doing a trip hop in late 90s
              ^^^ This was a good one........................

Comment

dave grohl is one of the best drummers i have ever heard. nirvana was a three man band, if you recall. most of the great trhee man bands have had savage drummers.

nirvana had dave grohl
                rush had neil peart
                green day had tre cool [they made garbage albums later in life, but dookie is a classic 90's album, and i'm a big fan of insomniac as well.]

i don't like the police, but stewart copeland is a freaking monster as well.

Comment

Nirvana was mainly Kurt, Grohl proved himself later in his career. BUt Kurt did most of the writing, artistic work and creative direction. Grohl and Noveselic complained about it all the time, when he was still alive not so much now. Noveselic was a big time alcoholic himself, so none of em like each other besides Dave. Coulda been better maybe, but they accomplished a lot in 4-5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I have always been a big hip hop head. When Nirvana hit I listened to them as much as I did hip hop. Cobain opened my mind. IMO he is every bit the genius I think QTip and Dr. Dre are.
                    Good post..

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      dave grohl is one of the best drummers i have ever heard. nirvana was a three man band, if you recall. most of the great trhee man bands have had savage drummers.

nirvana had dave grohl
                      rush had neil peart
                      green day had tre cool [they made garbage albums later in life, but dookie is a classic 90's album, and i'm a big fan of insomniac as well.]

i don't like the police, but stewart copeland is a freaking monster as well.
                      John Bonham of Led Zep was incredible. I also love Dale Crover of the Melvins that Grohl mentioned when Nirvana were inducted into the hall of fame.

Comment

Working...
                      X