Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana vs Broner was actually closer than what most people think.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, if we are going to be completely promiscuous with the word "close"--then Broner was really CLOSE to being stopped in the second round. Not to mention the funny count Broner got.

Broner was competitive. But, barring one round--it never felt like he had control of the fight.

Even on the surface; it should have been two 10-8 rounds (one was 9-8 due to broners flop). Come on, man. Broner was buzzed at least 5 times in that fight. Seriously: khan fans and Broner fans make manny fans looks smart

Comment

Khan fans stay salty. Take away the knockdowns and Maidana still won 8 or 9 rounds, at least.

Comment

Take down the 2 kd's and Its a draw for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalaland View Post
          Take down the 2 kd's and Its a draw for me.
          What kind of logic is that? It didn't happen that way--so?? How about if I say "if Broner doesn't get up in the 2nd then it's ko...for me"

Comment

i dont remember how i scored it but i remember it being pretty much a beat down for like 6 rounds, broner did come back strong as the fight wore on, but he never, at any stage, looked like he could win lol

Comment

Yeah, it was a close 8-4 Maidana.

Comment

Maidana won 8 or 9 rounds, 2 kd's and 2 other rounds (1 and 9) where it was so one sided it could have been a 10-8 rounds. One judge had it 10-2 to Maidana and the other 2 had it 9-3. Wasn't close at all.

Broner hurt Maidana after the bell of the 11th round, it deserved a point being took off but Maidana didn't need points took of Broner anyway as he was way in the lead. broner had about 5 warnings from the ref, very lucky not to get a point deduction.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                  Why the **** are LEGIT knock downs suddenly being negated? Its not as if they were trips that were mistakenly ruled as knock downs.
                  Hahaha because this forum is full of idiots brah. All I know is one guy left in tears, why this fight is debated still is mind bobbling. He got beat up, period.
                  Last edited by El-blanco; 09-27-2014, 01:41 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=El-blanco;14983421 He got beat up, period.[/QUOTE]

This is the image and thought that stays with me from this fight, broner got battered and took a humbling defeat. I like broner but this was a step too far for him, his ego got teh better of him. He had no bizness at 147 vs Punchers with his defense and footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post

This is the image and thought that stays with me from this fight, broner got battered and took a humbling defeat. I like broner but this was a step too far for him, his ego got teh better of him. He had no bizness at 147 vs Punchers with his defense and footwork.
                      I love watching broner fight, he stands there and fights. His fight with Taylor was probably one of my favourites of the year but that's his limit. He's not going to beat top five guys I don't know why people can't come to grips with this.

Comment

Working...
                      X