Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is it like to be a muslim in the US/UK right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
    When can I build my church in Saudi Arabia?

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      Whose fault is that? They've been through all the evolutions in technology and education like the rest of the world. It's their own fault and actually embarrassing that they've been leaped over in their own society by the indigenous Christians, who are the only ones making those ****holes any better. I don't understand why you feel the need to defend them so strongly. They follow a religion that was created by a warlord pedophile. Surely you have to question the minds of a group of people who willingly choose to do this.
      I question their minds, some of their beliefs are beyond backward, I'd rather they, and every other person or country were secular, and agnostic, but they're allowed to believe whatever they want, so what they believe is up to them. Most Islamic countries have elections, and if the people don't want Sharia law then they can vote for a secular candidate, but it's not for us to decide.
      Again, I detest ISIS, and any other barbarian of their ilk, I'm not defending THEM or Islam in general, I'm not saying Europe should simply open it's borders and accept a million of them (I actually think the opposite). I simply acknowledge that they're are Muslims around the world who do not share their murderous view of what Islam is, or should be. If we paint them with the same anger, and shame, and view them all as being the same as ISIS then it just makes them more apprehensive to speak out.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
        Saudia Arabia is not 600 yrs behind in anything but their stupid religion and misogyny.
        Indeed. They're one of the most oppressive regimes on the planet. It's a shame they sit on a quarter of the worlds oil, which means our politicians have to bury their tongues into their sandy sphincters.

Comment

I wasn't referring to anybody in particular, actually. You just automatically assumed I was talking about Hitler.
          You know it would have come to this so now we can talk about what's happening currently.

Comment

Indeed. They're one of the most oppressive regimes on the planet. It's a shame they sit on a quarter of the worlds oil, which means our politicians have to bury their tongues into their sandy sphincters.
            Don't try too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
              Not bad the the UK honestly but I've always lived in the big cities, its not a daily complaint I lived in Birmingham for a while so lots of muslim friends not one has a complaint. I imagine it might be worse in the coastal cities and towns with small underperforming economies who tend to turn to parties like UKIP.
              That must be why half of Birmingham and London's moved out to the countryside surrounding them since the 1970's. Everyone hates them around here, other than soft middle class apologists and people who secretly want an ethnic dick up the arse.

Comment

To me it's absolutely insane that people can believe in Islam. Evil evil bastards.

Comment

They are treated well. Given food stamps and welfare and other free stuff.

Comment

I wouldn't imagine day to day life is any different at all for UK Muslims, British people including British Muslims are quite tolerant in general.

The type of chavs who stupid enough to attack Muslims on the basis of how they look are the type of people who would do it regardless of any political developments or terrorist attacks.

The fact is, our constant intervention has been a major factor in the destabilisation of the region, and a major reason for the refugee crisis, and apparent distain towards the West. we've killed 500,000 people in Iraq, 90% of them civilians (which is a war crime), we've used chemical weapons on civilians in Fallujah, we support, and finance a state that's essentially an apartheid state (Israel), we support a state that beheads over 100 people every year, and doesn't allow women to drive (Saudi Arabia). These are all actions carried out by our government, in our name, these are the things we should be highlighting.

I'm not saying Islamic State isn't a disgusting organisation, but they're not OUR problem to solve. The wars started for resources, the financing of oppressive regimes, and rolling back of our civil liberties are our problem.
                    Those third world fundamentalists don't need any reason for disdain towards the West, that it clashes with their ideology is more than enough. One of the motivations of the 9/11 attackers is that he didn't like modern architecture because it was seen as Western.

What you're repeating is a Corbyn-style liberal argument which actually excuses their barbarity by putting the blame on the Western nations. That way of thinking that paints us as the enemy and Islamic State and other nutter ME countries as wronged minorities and the victims. It couldn't be more erroneous. It's back to front skewed thinking which if carried to its end would see the whole world in turmoil, not just the part with the backward religious nuts in it.

Saudi Arabia prevent 80% of terrorist attacks on British soil. They're actually the ones preventing another Bataclan, 7/7 or 9/11 in the UK, not primarily British intelligence. Nutter nation absolutely, wise to unfriend them at this point? probably not.

As for Islamic State not being our problem to solve. If we don't go to them, they will come to us. They have shown that already on numerous occasions. Islamic extremism can not simply be left to grow and strengthen with terrorist camps and cells operating unhindered. If that happens, more 9/11s happen because they gain the training, finance and operational capability to carry out sophisticated attacks on Western soil. We have to stay on top of them for our own safety.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 12-27-2015, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                      To me it's absolutely insane that people can believe in Islam. Evil evil bastards.
                      look at all the benefits, the women are basically treated like cattle and you can have as many wives as you please. non-believers are infidels, therefore, inferior to you. i can see the appeal, if i was uneducated or a scumbag.

Comment

Working...
                      X