No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin next Opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
    Gggg rehydrated to 170,which is still 5 lbs under the 175 lb mark.....how would those fights make any sense?
    I don't think he meant that GGG should have walked out of the ring with Monroe and into the ring with the guys on his list. Obviously GGG would want to take a shower, get a bite to eat, put some ice on his hands, knees, and face, etc.

I think he meant that these were possible fights GGG could have in the near future, once he's had time to work with a skilled strength and conditioning coach who could help him naturally and healthily go up 10 or 15 lbs. from his current prime fighting weight.

It's similar to.... the same thing EVERY fighter has done that wanted to move up from their original weight class to a higher weight class.

The RARITY is for a fighter to finish his career in the same division he started (minus the Heavies). Most people move up because you just can't do the same things with your body at 35 that you did at 19.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout15 View Post
      He blows up 10lbs meanwhile Guys like crawford,garcia, and pederson are weighin 155 at fight night fighting at 35-40. Does that mean crawford should be fighting guys like kirkland or alvarez?
      This....Canelo weighs in the 170's on fight night how is he small for GGG

Comment

Well we all know GGG is ducking everyone at 168-175

Guess he should just retire, hes too big for Floyd, who is a very small WW.

Comment

LOL @ "blowing up" to 170. Rehydrating 10 pounds is the norm, many guys do much more than that. He looked kind of small next to Monroe to me.

Anyways, he should go after Andy Lee or N'Dam - Lemieux winner, assuming Cotto-Canelo happens. Unification is the priority here.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Curious, what did Floyd rehydrate to in the Pac fight?
            he claimed 149

Comment

Originally posted by BattleAxePurist View Post
              This....Canelo weighs in the 170's on fight night how is he small for GGG
              Yeah, it was a dumb argument. He was comparing Crawford's post-weigh in, pre-fight, rehydrated weight with Canelo's dryed out, deyhydrated, barely standing on his own two feet weight.

Crawford, who rehyrdates to 155, should fight other lightweights and jr. welters that rehydrate to 155 lbs.

I think people put way too much stock into size anyway. Who gives a flying fluck if someone is naturally bigger? Who hasn't seen a bigger man get his @ss handed to him by a smaller guy?

Comment

Think Andy Lee's elbow injury just cleared up, but it looks like he might be suffering from night terrors now.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Curious, what did Floyd rehydrate to in the Pac fight?
                  Nobody knows,it said ??? for floyds fight night weight when he fought Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan_nall View Post
                    Yeah, it was a dumb argument. He was comparing Crawford's post-weigh in, pre-fight, rehydrated weight with Canelo's dryed out, deyhydrated, barely standing on his own two feet weight.

Crawford, who rehyrdates to 155, should fight other lightweights and jr. welters that rehydrate to 155 lbs.

I think people put way too much stock into size anyway. Who gives a flying fluck if someone is naturally bigger? Who hasn't seen a bigger man get his @ss handed to him by a smaller guy?
                    He was agreeing with me you autist. Your comprehension is seriously lacking. You make Hanz Gruber.sound like an astro physicist.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan_nall View Post
                      I don't think he meant that GGG should have walked out of the ring with Monroe and into the ring with the guys on his list. Obviously GGG would want to take a shower, get a bite to eat, put some ice on his hands, knees, and face, etc.

I think he meant that these were possible fights GGG could have in the near future, once he's had time to work with a skilled strength and conditioning coach who could help him naturally and healthily go up 10 or 15 lbs. from his current prime fighting weight.

It's similar to.... the same thing EVERY fighter has done that wanted to move up from their original weight class to a higher weight class.

The RARITY is for a fighter to finish his career in the same division he started (minus the Heavies). Most people move up because you just can't do the same things with your body at 35 that you did at 19.
                      Lol,I understand my friend, and the 168 lb fighters on the list are doable fights,but it just seems like a bit of a stretch to put some 175 lb fighters who rehydrate to about 190,as people who could beat/fight GGG right now. If the list of fighters were 160 lb and 168 lb only,then it'd be fine,but GGG having to jump up 2 weight classes and fight light heavies is a bit unfair don't you think?That would be like asking Terrance Crawford to go from 140,skip 147 and fight canelo,or lara at 154.

Comment

Working...
                      X