No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez Avoids Disaster, Surges Late To Stop Macklin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WESS View Post
    I said before the fight that Buddy was going to throw in the towel....

Martinez did exactly what he said he would do just took him longer as he had to adjust to Macklin not being as aggressive as planned. As all great fighters, he changed up his game plan and dominated, broke Macklin down and then KO'ed him. Like he said he would do.
    Yeah you were spot on. I gotta give it to Buddy, though. That was a smart stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Juanma9 View Post
      Yeah you were spot on. I gotta give it to Buddy, though. That was a smart stoppage.
      Good stoppage, Macklin was done, he would've been brutally KOd or at least knocked down a couple of times more before the ref stop the fight.

Comment

Pollo Martinez is so overrated! What fight did you see? If Macklin just had a little more gas in his tank he pulls off the upset of the year. I had Macklin winning as did Lederman. The other 2 judges had it a 1 point fight and that's only because Pollo Martinez is the supposed lineal champ.

103-103, 105-101, 105-101 without the final round is 93-96, 95-94, 95-94

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Martinez face after the fight. Not a single scratch.
          Did you look at this picture in super duper extra slo-mo????

Comment

"If Macklin just had a little more gas in his tank". Dumb statement. And if Macklin had an iron chin....and if he had wings and he could fly. And if Whitaker was a brutal puncher he would have gone 100-0...if if if is BS.

Comment

Originally posted by B.R!ghteous View Post
              Pollo Martinez is so overrated! What fight did you see? If Macklin just had a little more gas in his tank he pulls off the upset of the year. I had Macklin winning as did Lederman. The other 2 judges had it a 1 point fight and that's only because Pollo Martinez is the supposed lineal champ.

Macklin had a good plan, but Martinez also was following what his corner was telling him. You could hear between rounds that Sarmiento was telling him that it was just a matter of time, and it was true, Martinez broke him down and got a good KO victory.

Comment

Originally posted by B.R!ghteous View Post

Comment

Great fight, Macklin did what he could - a great effort, he had the a tie or a 1pt lead heading into the 10th but MARAVILLA has stamina galore!!! I just wished he would challenge someone north of 154lbs (Ward, Bute, Froch for example). Martinez should actually step his game up if he ever wants to take the P4P #1 or #2 slots from their current owners. IMO he beats every 154 fighter out there and has a good chance to even swim in the 160lbs pool, just say though.

Comment

Hope Manning goes to the 9'ers!!! Should he choose the City by the Bay, the only question would be who are the 9'ers going to face in super bowl 2013, just say'n though.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                      "If Macklin just had a little more gas in his tank". Dumb statement. And if Macklin had an iron chin....and if he had wings and he could fly. And if Whitaker was a brutal puncher he would have gone 100-0...if if if is BS.
                      Martinez' last 2 fights against less than stellar opponents having 11 round KO's that saved him from losing is not what I consider a p4p candidate. IMO any other strap holder including JCC jr will whip his a55!

Comment

Working...
                      X