Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins Praises Garcia, Says Matthysse Had No Plan B

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've watched it about 7 times now and I always score it 7-5 for Garcia or 114-112. Close, but clear victor.

Comment

• after rewatching it i had it 114 to 112 a lot closer than i had it before, i thought mattysse had a chance to make it closer in the 11th but garcia made a great move by getting that kd.

but he messes up and allows lucas to either get a 9-9 or 10 8 round in the 12 i had it a 10 8 for mattysse so i admit i was wrong because at frirst i had it a lot more wider for danny.

does mattysse deserve an immediate rematch no but id love to see one in the future

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        LOL, Danny did that and broke the bone too. No luck involved.
        True... In the seventh, Danny consistently used his left hand jabs and hooks... In that round Danny actually won the fight...

Comment

• Hopkins is right there was no plan B problem was for matthysee was that Garcia was controlling the distance and safe to say that was controlling the fight as well Garcia did a great job of not letting matthysee find his range I was surprised on how well Garcia did I was one of the many who thought matthysee would win but props to Danny he did well hopefully he should and gets the respect he deserves in the boxing world and gets the big pay days he deserves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovci View Post
            He didn't really need a plan b. He was taking over the fight, and even after the eye, came on strong in the 10th.

Not taking anything away from Garcia. He fought great, but Matthyse had very little go his way that night. The eye, the low blows, the odd no calls ending in a KD.
            the fight was over in the first round....Lucas landed his best punch flush not once but twice way before a low blow or eye was closed.....Lucas was supposed to be P4P one of the hardest punchers in the game....he's not defensively responsible enough to win a decision against a boxer puncher like Swift who always look to counter....Lucas's game ain't that deep.....so the fight was over in the first round

Comment

• As always lately, B-Hop is stating very deep thinking: one does need a B-plan for a shut eye and a orbital broken bone. And the B-plan was...?

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                frank what punch sent matthysse stumbling in between the ropes? was it

A. a rabbit punch
                B. a right hand that landed behind the head
                C. a grab behind the head to throw in the ropes
                D. all of the above
                If you would have watched the 11th round closely you would have seen at 1:17 in that round when Danny hit Matthysse with a body shot and temporarily buckled him. Danny threw some punches and his arm hook around Matthysse's head/neck but by that point Matthysse was already stumbling forward. He got tangled in the ropes because dude was hurt. He went down and didn't protest the KD. Actually, he took the count to recover. Haven't heard or read anything from Lucas Matthysse about the KD being false. Stop reaching.

Comment

• Had it 115-111 it was a close fight if it wasnt for that stupid kd which shouldnt have been counted i had it a draw the most u can have is 114-112 or 115-111 and thats not schooling someone and matthysse had a shut eye if his eye wasnt eye matthysse wins period.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ferfalsgrandad View Post
                      Had it 115-111 it was a close fight if it wasnt for that stupid kd which shouldnt have been counted i had it a draw the most u can have is 114-112 or 115-111 and thats not schooling someone and matthysse had a shut eye if his eye wasnt eye matthysse wins period.
                      Yeah you know something that no one can have a way of knowing and you act like the eye magically closed.

Comment

Working...
                      X