Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did David Haye fulfil his promises to his fans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wesker115 View Post
    I can't see Haye fighting Pulev, but does anyone know how much Pulev takes home on average when he fights?
    How much would it take to bring him over?
    Not very much so far.

It would be Pulev's best payday ever, probably 250 to 400 Euros. That's why he wants the fight, even though he would likely lose his IBF ranking (but probably become the WBA mandatory if he beat Haye).

But Haye won't fight anyone as good as Pulev. He'll choose softer opponents until he gets his next big 12 million Euro big payday against Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

But Haye won't fight anyone as good as Pulev. He'll choose softer opponents until he gets his next big 12 million Euro big payday against Klitschko.

David Haye has never done what he said he was going to do, and quite often does exactly what he says he won't.

If he were American nobody would take him any more seriously than Chris Arreola or Tony Thompson. However, since he is British, and since GBR has only one real world class fighter in Froch, he can get away with saying whatever he wants because they have nobody else to pin their hopes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
        David Haye has never done what he said he was going to do, and quite often does exactly what he says he won't.

If he were American nobody would take him any more seriously than Chris Arreola or Tony Thompson. However, since he is British, and since GBR has only one real world class fighter in Froch, he can get away with saying whatever he wants because they have nobody else to pin their hopes on.
        It's sad the way some people are so easily fooled by Haye.

Comment

It's sad the way some people are so easily fooled by Haye.
          I wonder if British fans would be less compelled by Haye's comeback if Price hadn't been knocked out so embarrassingly.

It seemed there was quite a bit on anti-Haye sentiment going from the GBR posters who were really quite high on Price - now that he looks like a lost cause it seems they've have gone back and pinned their hopes on Haye once again.

Comment

I think Chris Arreola could kick his ass

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Yeah sure, a smack talking, exciting American heavyweight champion with speed and power would get no attention or coverage at all

I wonder if British fans would be less compelled by Haye's comeback if Price hadn't been knocked out so embarrassingly.

It seemed there was quite a bit on anti-Haye sentiment going from the GBR posters who were really quite high on Price - now that he looks like a lost cause it seems they've have gone back and pinned their hopes on Haye once again.
              You misunderstand the nature of UK boxing fans, a loss doesn't put them off a fighter. Watch the support Khan and Chisora get in their next fights. The FM arena was pumping for Froch-Bute after his loss to Ward. Just look at the eternal interest in Audley.
              Last edited by Weebler I; 04-15-2013, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Haye wanting to fight the chinny Wawrzyk instead of Charr, Boytsov, or Pulev clearly indicates Haye is aware of his own vulnerability and limitations, much more so than his fans.

Comment

Haye wanting to fight the chinny Wawrzyk instead of Charr, Boytsov, or Pulev clearly indicates Haye is aware of his own vulnerability and limitations, much more so than his fans.
                  His fans today consider him the second best hw in the world. One of his fans on this site even hilariously claimed that 'Haye takes Wlad, p4p'

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                    His fans today consider him the second best hw in the world. One of his fans on this site even hilariously claimed that 'Haye takes Wlad, p4p'
                    You know my name, no need to wrap it in. I stand by that comment 100%.

Comment

So who is David Haye going to fight on June 29?

Comment

Working...
                      X