Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android market share falls 13 percent amid Apple increase

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im still rockin this... shts all over both and fks longer.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
      I challenge your pathetic racist accusing ass to prove that what I said was racist. I challenge your simple minded brain that needs a simple phone made out of metal because your unflattering body can not look after a phone without needing metal to survive your daily lifestyle of taking pictures of your dinner and Facebooking it I Phone styley.
      Why did you make a post about me being mixed race when I made a post about my phone? What did race have to do with it you racist bigot coward?

Comment

Originally posted by GUMBIE View Post
        I like the way these fandroids like to spout sales figures when these figures aren't actually sales figures from Android devices but shipped figures.

Devices shipped does not equal devices sold. Apple give sales figures.
        You do realise the thread is not about sales but web traffic. The average Crapple fan can't afford a Laptop and thus rely on their phone to web browse.

They spent all their money on a phone.

Originally posted by piye View Post
        Why did you make a post about me being mixed race when I made a post about my phone? What did race have to do with it you racist bigot coward?
        You racist accusing bastard, where did you say your race in here when you talked about phone internet traffic? What race are you? I haven't seen a pic of you, and you haven't told me your race you idiot.

Why you getting desperate and calling me racist?

Comment

You do realise the thread is not about sales but web traffic. The average Crapple fan can't afford a Laptop and thus rely on their phone to web browse.

They spent all their money on a phone.

Apple beats derivative Samsung for mobile phone sales lead in fourth quarter
          Friday, February 1, 2013 · 3:28 pm

“Apple Inc became the top mobile phone seller for the first time in the lucrative U.S. market during the fourth quarter of 2012, outshining arch rival Samsung Electronics Co Ltd, a report by Strategy Analytics showed,” Poornima Gupta reports for Reuters.

“Apple’s share of the U.S. mobile phone market, including feature phones and smartphones, jumped to 34 percent from 26 percent, while Samsung’s share grew to 32.3 percent from 31.8 percent, the research firm said,” Gupta reports. “Samsung had been the top mobile phone vendor in the US since 2008, the firm said.”

Gupta reports, “Apple sold 17.7 million iPhones in the U.S. in the fourth quarter, up 38 percent from the previous year… Samsung shipped 16.8 million phones during the same period.”

Read more in the full article here.

Comment

“Apple Inc became the top mobile phone seller for the first time in the lucrative U.S. market during the fourth quarter of 2012, outshining arch rival Samsung Electronics Co Ltd, a report by Strategy Analytics showed,” Poornima Gupta reports for Reuters.

“Apple’s share of the U.S. mobile phone market, including feature phones and smartphones, jumped to 34 percent from 26 percent, while Samsung’s share grew to 32.3 percent from 31.8 percent, the research firm said,” Gupta reports. “Samsung had been the top mobile phone vendor in the US since 2008, the firm said.”

Gupta reports, “Apple sold 17.7 million iPhones in the U.S. in the fourth quarter, up 38 percent from the previous year… Samsung shipped 16.8 million phones during the same period.”

Samsung will gain the spot once the S4 comes out.

Google shares are at an all time high. Apples is down by loads.

Google Inc (GOOG) Shares Top $776 – A New All-Time High

Apple Inc.
            NASDAQ: AAPL - 1 Feb 16:00 ET
            453.62-1.87‎ (-0.41%‎)

Comment

...being so poor that a phone is actually a valuable item or source of pride to you...

Comment

Android is a Google product, not Samsung BTW dumbass.

Nice try though.

Comment

January 23rd 2013. Be prepared.
                  Oh yeah, propaganda!

None of these analysts or reporters know why Apple are cutting orders for certain, the only people who would are Apple for now.

I'm sure you are dreading January 23rd 2013: http://investor.apple.com/
                  Boom. Make a statement, don't think I will forget. I don't know about Samsung's or Google's shares, not interested in that as my debate on which is better for phones , but since you said dread + 23rd, I thought I'd pop by.

Apple shares fall 12% on growth fears

About $50bn (£32bn) was wiped off Apple's value after the biggest daily drop in the firm's stock in four years.

Flat profits and record quarterly revenue of $55bn were not enough to overcome disappointment over sales of the company's new iPhone 5.

Analysts said the firm was in danger of becoming a victim of its own success.

Earlier, shares in some of Apple's key Asian suppliers also fell.

LG, which provides displays for Apple products, fell 3.1%, and Hon Hai, which assembles iPhones and iPads, dropped 3.2%.
                  Great expectations

Apple was unable to repeat its usual growth in profits, which were unchanged from a year earlier at $13.1bn.

The firm said late on Wednesday it had sold more iPhones (47.8 million) and iPads (22.9 million) in the final three months of last year than in any previous quarter, but investors had expected more.
                  Continue reading the main story
                  “Start Quote

To re-accelerate growth, Apple likely needs to launch new products, yet few seem likely before June”

Stuart Jeffrey Nomura

Shares in the firm have fallen by a third since September over concerns the company may be losing its edge over increasingly confident competitors.

Shares currently stand at $460, down from over $700 four months ago. Apple still remains the world's most valuable company, however, just ahead of Exxon Mobil.

On Thursday, a number of brokers cut sharply their price target for the shares, with Deutsche Bank slashing its forecast from $800 to $575.

The iPhone's once dominant position is being challenged by Samsung and other makers of Android-based devices, which now make up a far greater percentage of overall smartphone sales than the iPhone.

Nokia, once itself the leading mobile phone manufacturer, reported on Thursday a return to profit in the final quarter of last year, with strong sales of its new Lumia smartphone, its first major product launch since the company teamed up with Microsoft.

Samsung is due to announce its results on Friday, and investors will be keen to find out how its successful Galaxy smartphones sold in the final quarter.
                  'New products'

With Apple no longer seen as the market leader in innovation, some analysts believe it may now have to rethink its core strategy, which is based on focusing on a handful of premium products.

"Apple's modus operandi to date has been to cream the high-end off each market, but as the company's grown it may now need to target more of the mainstream," analysts at Evercore Partners said.

Normura's Stuart Jeffrey agreed: "To re-accelerate growth, Apple likely needs to launch new products, yet few seem likely before June".

Others, however, argue that investors' expectations are wholly unrealistic, and the company remains hugely successful.

Comment

Samsung will gain the spot once the S4 comes out.

Google shares are at an all time high. Apples is down by loads.

Google Inc (GOOG) Shares Top $776 – A New All-Time High

Apple Inc.
                    NASDAQ: AAPL - 1 Feb 16:00 ET
                    453.62-1.87‎ (-0.41%‎)

And to think, you wanted to make bets on units sold when Samsung doesn't even give sales figures only shipped figures, and even their own shipped figures are below Apple's sales figures.

As for Apple shares. Apple has one of the best years in tech history and share price goes down.

Amazon's net income is down by 45%, stock jumps 9.2%.

Go figure!

Comment

And to think, you wanted to make bets on units sold when Samsung doesn't even give sales figures only shipped figures, and even their own shipped figures are below Apple's sales figures.

As for Apple shares. Apple has one of the best years in tech history and share price goes down.

Amazon's net income is down by 45%, stock jumps 9.2%.

Go figure!
                      Samsung is eating away at Apple's Tablet market.

Apple's tablet market share for Q4 falls in face of Samsung surge

After making waves in the smartphone market, it seems Samsung has finally got a footing in the tablet market, which has been dominated by Apple so far. According to research firm IDC, the Korean company has doubled its share of the tablet market in Q4 of 2012.

Samsung, manufacturers of the Galaxy Tab series, sold 7.9 million units, up from 2.2 million a year ago and commands 15.1 percent of the market. That figure is nearly one-third of Apple’s share, who now holds a market share of 43.6 percent, down from 51.7 percent. Apple lost market share despite selling more tablets, so it does signal a sort of surge for Samsung.
                      Cover

Apple's iPad is still the market leader, but Samsung has seen more than a 200 percent rise in share

The two have been competing to get a greater share of the tablet PC market, seen as key to their overall growth. Global shipments of tablet PCs surged 75 percent in the final quarter of 2012 to a record 52.5 million units.

"We expected a very strong fourth quarter, and the market didn't disappoint," said Tom Mainelli, Research Director - Tablets, IDC. "New product launches from the category's top vendors, as well as new entrant Microsoft, led to a surge in consumer interest and very robust shipments totals during the holiday season."

The tablet PC market is expected to grow further in the coming years, certainly faster than PC sales. Even Microsoft felt obliged to launch the Surface slates powered by the Windows 8. Amongst the other top 5 tablet vendors, Amazon and Barnes & Noble both saw their market share shoot up sharply during the holiday season. Amazon shipped more than 6 million Kindle Fires during the quarter, increasing its share to 11.5 percent, a year-over year growth of 26.8 percent. Close to a million units of B&N’s Nook were shipped, increasing its share to 1.9 percent. Meanwhile, Asus, in fourth place, saw its share slip from 7.8 percent to 5.8 percent despite a strong showing in the market of its Google-branded Nexus 7 tablet. In fact, it has the highest year-over-year increase in the top five with an increase of 402.3 percent. However, IDC’s report didn’t show Microsoft’s tablet setting the market on fire. Microsoft shipped only 900,000 unit in the three months. IDC reckons this is due to the higher prices of Microsoft’s products, but it could also be due to a lack of early adoption as Microsoft only introduced the Surface during that quarter.

However, the research firm believes Microsoft will be a crucial player in the sector in the long term. "There is no question that Microsoft is in this tablet race to compete for the long haul," said Ryan Reith, Program Manager - Mobile Device Trackers, IDC.

You talk about Web share, not phones sold.

When it comes to Phones sold, it is you guessed it, Phones sold...

As for the bet, your pussay roller blading ass chickened the **** out.

Reaching now son. PS. Nice of you to dread, replying to what you said I was to dread. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                      X