Chavez Jr: "I'm not afraid of Martinez"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chavez Jr: "I'm not afraid of Martinez"

http://www.clarin.com/deportes/Chave...608939310.html

I'm not afraid of Martinez. He's a grand champion. He's the best of the middleweight division. But I don't have any fear. If he beats me, I'm gonna lose fighting because in boxing you win and lose and I'm not afraid of anyone.

Arum pays me and tells me who to fight. Right now I have a fight with El Veneno (Marco Antonio rubio), who is rated #1. After I have an optional defense with Miguel Cotto because it's an attractive fight that many people want to see. We have the same promoter and we'll make lots of money. If I beat Cotto, Martinez would come next. But not because I'm afraid"
    Jose Sulaiman is supposed to officially announce Martinez as Chavez Jr mandatory this week during the WBC convention. I can't wait to see how Jr and Arum react if it happens.

I actually believe Jr., but that still doesn't mean this fight is any closer to happening. You know, with the whole Arum thing...

Comment

Not a afraid.

Petrified.

Comment

LMAO, whatever Chavez has to tell himself to sleep at night and justify that faux title around his waste.

Comment

I distinctly remember him telling all of his twitter followers that he would fight Sergio, after Sergio trashed him via Twitter.

.......fight never happened.

Comment

He is a bum, I am not even interested in Sergio wasting his time fighting Jr.

Comment

Prove it. Rubio is spanking that ass anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                He is a bum, I am not even interested in Sergio wasting his time fighting Jr.
                Same here^^^^

Dont really see why he's chasing him

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Same here^^^^

Dont really see why he's chasing him
                  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $

Comment

Maybe not for the hardcore fans, but there isn't a bigger fight in the middleweight division than Martinez vs Chavez Jr. Pretty much everyone else is irrelevant in terms of popularity in America. I guess I'm biased because I really want to see this happen in the Staples Center though. I hope it happens.

Comment

Working...
                    X