Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Virgil Hunter: Andre Ward Will Knock Out Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really interested in seeing how Ward handles a rangy fighter like Froch. Even though Froch isn't very fast I believe the real fight to make is Ward vs Andre Dirrell. I'd like to see how Andre can handle some of the thing's that a bigger man will bring to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Dirrell did have it won on the cards, but Abraham knocked him down in the 10th and began to land a lot more frequently.

I'm not sure about killer instinct, but it seems when the going gets tough Dirrell doesn't want to know. For something like 7 or 8 rounds he refused to engage with Froch falling to the ground at every opportunity. When the Abraham fight was heating up towards the end he preferred the easy way out.

Imo Dirrell's a top boxer, but he doesn't appear to have the heart that some fighters do and which you probably need to be the best.

I give Mayweather a lot of stick but he showed against Mosley and Castillo he could rough it out when he needed to.
      He was never hurt by Abraham though, he got back up and was on his bike and happy to run out the victory. I don't think Abraham would have hit him after the slip if he felt he could have stopped him fairly.

I do agree that his antics against Froch were off-putting and needless, but he still showed a lot of class in the ring and won the fight by a few rounds. He's got some things he needs to improve but he's got the time to do that. I think his boxing ability will carry him past most.

I don't think Ward has as much skill as Dirrell, I don't think he's as fast and I don't think he hits as hard....with that in mind, I see no way he stops Froch.

Comment

Ward can only stop opposition with his head. Reminds me of another american fighter...

Comment

If anybody but Virgil Hunter had said this I would just blow it off since Andre doesn't have a lot of pop in his punches.

But for Virgil to come out and say it gives me pause. He's not one to run off at the mouth for no reason, so maybe they really do have something cooking for Froch.

Comment

Working...
          X