Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dog Catcher: James Kirkland Tames El Perro in Mexico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both fighters put on a great show...Kirk was a beast and just tooo too strong for Perrita.... Cant wait to see Fraudnello get exposed by Kirk...Wolfe was the greatest thing to happen to kirk, they make a great team...Perrita needs to just work on his speed and movement...He is a strong puncher though...

Comment

SHOCKING! totally unexpected -- can't believe Kirkland could look so bad against and unknown and lightly regarded opponent in one fight and then do what he did against an A level fighter in Angulo -- am a little troubled by insinuations of glove tampering but unless proven otherwise, have to give Kirkland the benefit of the doubt....

Comment

That was a great fight. Angulo had a lot of heart but Kirkland was just too much for him. Kirkland was just pounding him with punches, it was a good stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
          There is word going around that Kirkland loaded his gloves so I don't know..
          Chill, man.

Comment

Angulo tired in the first round? WTF? Rios better watch his weight draining before the same happens to him.

Comment

Damn what a war, props to Kirkland and Wolfe they had a game plan and the correct training methods and beat the toughest fighter out there.

I'm soo disappointed that my boy lost, I had him wining in 4, but wow props to team Wolfe.

I hope theres a rematch, really do.

Comment

Loaded gloves my ass. Was it loaded gloves that got Kirkland up from the knockdown in the 1st? Was it loaded gloves that helped him survive the barrage El Perro followed up that knockdown with? And finally, I didn't know loaded gloves can cause another fighter to punch himself out, get hurt and knocked down as a result then not recover his legs for the rest of the fight. Fugg outta' here with that crap.

Comment

A great comeback performance from Kirkland, he rewrote the script. I was mighty impressed.

Comment

All the credit in the world to Kirkland but Angulo fought one of the dumbest fights in the world and Nacho obviously didn't prepare his fighter correctly. Had Angulo simply been patient instead of blowing his load in the first he could of won the fight. I would love to see a rematch!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                      All the credit in the world to Kirkland but Angulo fought one of the dumbest fights in the world and Nacho obviously didn't prepare his fighter correctly. Had Angulo simply been patient instead of blowing his load in the first he could of won the fight. I would love to see a rematch!!!
                      The only dudes I can think of that could 'simply be patient' and not fight 'one of the dumbest fights in the world' versus Kirkland is Sweet Pea Whitaker (at JMW) or James Toney (at MW). Anyone else has to KO Kirkland EARLY to beat him. A 'patient' Perro (even after the flash KD) would have been merked in 2 or 3 rounds b/c he's too slow. With that said, Kirkland does not have bad defense (if that were the case, Perro would have KO'd him) - he has a suspect CHIN and he is a sucker for a straight right hand.

Comment

Working...
                      X