No announcement yet.

Dempsey kos Wills in 2 rounds 1924

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dempsey kos Wills in 2 rounds 1924

This is not my thread but the Poster McVey over in the ESB classic section. I liked it and thought it might get some play over here. Hope he doesn't mind.

"Jack Dempsey insists his proposed fight with Harry Wills goes ahead despite the disaproval of his manager and the white establishment ,they meet in 1924 ,and Jack has a surprisingly easy night s work koing the Brown Panther in 2 rounds,83 years later where does Dempsey stand among the Heavyweight Champs ,? does he crack your top 5?"

he would be pushing to be up there but may need possibly another big win maybe over jeannette

mind you jeannette if not retired was very near the end of his career as was mcvea and langford must of been in his late 30's i think
    Last edited by rsf; 02-04-2011, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      This is not my thread but the Poster McVey over in the ESB classic section. I liked it and thought it might get some play over here. Hope he doesn't mind.

"Jack Dempsey insists his proposed fight with Harry Wills goes ahead despite the disaproval of his manager and the white establishment ,they meet in 1924 ,and Jack has a surprisingly easy night s work koing the Brown Panther in 2 rounds,83 years later where does Dempsey stand among the Heavyweight Champs ,? does he crack your top 5?"
      He's hovering near my top 5 anyway.

Comment

He makes my Top 10 going from about 12.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
          He's hovering near my top 5 anyway.

I have him at 12. I don't think he belongs anywhere near the top 5. He avoided his two biggest challengers (Wills and Greb), fought a title reign of leftovers that others had beaten and is remembered more for being an icon than anything else. He was a great fighter and extremely talented but many seem to give him a pass on the same things they accuse others of.

Comment

lmao at Dempsey KOing Wills in 2 rounds. He doesn't even beat Wills at all.

He does stand a better chance in '24 though. Fight should have happened in the late 1910s.

Comment

Working...
            X