No announcement yet.

How did you discover MMA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you discover MMA?

Several people have a story as to what influenced them to become a fan of or even partake in the martial arts... How did you discover MMA?

-Scout

When I was a kid, my mom used to rent WWF videos for me to watch. After a while I had seen almost all the wrestling videos that the store had, so she brought me some UFC tapes. Coolest mom ever.

Comment

^ Your mom is the ****ing *****. My biitch ass mom everytime I'm watching it, "God, I hate when you watching wrestling." IT'S NOT ****ING WRESTLING! lmao

I was flipping through the channels and saw guys beating the ***** out of each on the very first TUF season and when I was about 12 or 13, coolest thing I ever saw...I was like day-um! Been in love ever since.

Comment

My family, especially my dad was a big boxing fan and real big on PPVs.

I saw this commercial for something called the Ultimate Fighting Championships, which was a tournament of fighters of different disciplines. My brother got my mom to order the event.

It was awesome. For an 11 year old, it was like watching the movie Bloodsport come to life.

I'll never forget the first fight when the Savate expert kicked the teeth out of that fat Sumo wrestler.

Comment

Watching Tito Ortiz fight funnily enough. He had the guys back and was beating the **** out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
            ^ Your mom is the ****ing *****. My biitch ass mom everytime I'm watching it, "God, I hate when you watching wrestling." IT'S NOT ****ING WRESTLING! lmao

I was flipping through the channels and saw guys beating the ***** out of each on the very first TUF season and when I was about 12 or 13, coolest thing I ever saw...I was like day-um! Been in love ever since.
            HAhaha. I never thought about it until now. That was cool as fck of her to do.

Comment

Caught it on TV at a friends house. Belfort vs. Liddell was the first fight I saw.

I never really started to get into it around the time of the Tito/Liddell/Couture circle jerk (UFC 42-47)

Comment

First fight I seen was Shamrock vs. Kimo 1, but it was early UFC Mark Coleman that got me hooked on MMA !

Comment

Originally posted by Brick Top View Post
                  First fight I seen was Shamrock vs. Kimo 1, but it was early UFC Mark Coleman that got me hooked on MMA !
                  UFC 10 was one of my favorite UFCs ever.

That was Coleman's MMA debut and first UFC appearance and he was beating his opponents like he owned the company. lol

Comment

my bro always had old tapes and would show us. i rememeber asking him how would a boxer do in ufc he said they'd get taken down and submitted lol

Comment

Working...
                    X