Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think that experts are delibarately NOT searching for CURES of diseases?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Made View Post
    why? that dosent make sense because in the grand scheme of things it doesnt kill enough to depopulate the earth when you have China reproducing like rabbits...
    You got SARS Bird Flu and many other ****

Comment

I'm sure there is some kind of cure out there for aids and such. Only given to the big wealthy. If they don't make it worldwide they can still receive donations and such to help FIND a cure.

Comment

By the way, I dont have an opinion one way or the other, this is just an issue that many people raise. Im just trying to get other peoples opinion on it because its very interesting to me.

So do not attack me.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          For diseases such as AIDS, Cancer and what not, are experts only looking for TREATMENTS and not CURES just so that the drug companies and government keep making money off of people buying the medicine? As Chris Rock said "Aint no money in the cure". What do you guys think of that?

I would guess that the person who finds a cure for cancer, AIDS, etc. would become more wealthy and famous than their wildest dreams. What incentive would make them not move forward with this?

Comment

For diseases such as AIDS, Cancer and what not, are experts only looking for TREATMENTS and not CURES just so that the drug companies and government keep making money off of people buying the medicine? As Chris Rock said "Aint no money in the cure". What do you guys think of that?
            In a world of stupid ideas this has to be the single stupidest theory I have heard. Finding cures for disease is huge in terms of financial gain and is also a major motivator of scientists involved in health research. The notion that the billions of dollars invested in pharmaceutical research is being spent purely in ways of marketing palliative treatments is utterly and supremely absurd.

AIDS was a man-made disease, they have the cure. But would rather depopulate the earth
            AIDS is a disease which is extremely difficult to contract, spreads in one or two limited methods, has a gestation period of about a decade and isn't even always fatal. Whoever made that disease as a means of controlling populations made a COLOSSAL fuck up. The scientist who invented AIDS as a means of killing large swathes of the human population was a totally incompetent one. Was it you?

I'm sure there is some kind of cure out there for aids and such. Only given to the big wealthy.
            Yes that's right. Only poor people suffer from AIDS. Like Magic Johnson, Freddy Mercury, Anthony Perkins, Kenny Everett, Eazy E, Holly Johnson, Nicholas Eden, Alan Wiggins or Isaac Asimov...

I'm not sure you can actually teach critical thinking but I think they should at least try.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              Astaire's version was rather mediocre.

and i beg to differ:

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn. Howdy View Post
                and i beg to differ:
                Whhhaaaaaaaaaa....???

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  Whhhaaaaaaaaaa....???
                  don't you start back-peddlin now.

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
                    I think there are already cures out there. I mean how are millionaire athletes and celebs who get to diseases and cancers in time are living with them and or being cured?
                    they inject money into their bloodstream.....the cash cures anything.....didn't you see the south park magic Johnson episode???

Comment

There's no money to be made in a cure, the money is in the treatment.

That's all I'm going to say.

Comment

Working...
                      X