No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: "FLOYD MAYWEATHER AND THE CHICKEN THEORY"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: "FLOYD MAYWEATHER AND THE CHICKEN THEORY"

He took on Corley, Bruseles and then Gatti at 140 lbs for titles. He moved to 147 to fight Shamba Mitchell, Judah and Baldomir for the lineal WW title. The cash cow came calling and he answered the bell and fought Oscar at 154lbs won a title there and some BIG MONEY. Went back down to 147 to meet Hatton for another big pay day.

All along people were calling for him to face legitimate WW like Cotto, Margarito, Clottey, Williams and Mosley. I understood business is business and if made sense to bring in those dollars. Stories arose about the supposed offer to fight Margarito for 8 million dollars brought on by Bob Arum and co. This video below came to light on the internet.

If the CHERRY PICKING talk was not starting already it was surely blasting off right about now. Although many thought it would be an EASY fight for Floyd and he was offered 8 million for it he turned it down. He instead fought Judah, Baldomir, Oscar and then Hatton. Below is a video made around the time he was supposed to be getting ready for a rematch with Oscar and was involved in wrestling.

Now whether it be due to negotiations his hands the WWE giving him millions to sign a contract with them he retired. Personally I think it had to do with the amount of money he made and the fact his hands were hurting him. he took a breather announced his retirement from the sport. I hold no grudges for that every man is entitled to call it quits when he feels he has no desire to continue. in our sport when you lose the desire to fight you often get hurt inside the ring.

Fast forward to 2008 Floyd is in trouble with the IRS. His real estate investments have gone sour. he is robbed for over 7 mil in jewels. it seems the so called king might be prime for a comeback. Is it $$$ motivated fans and critics ask come on fellas with Money Mayweather it is always about the money. So it is rumored he is in the gym training again and might be coming out of retirement to take on the TOP P4P fighters and earn himself a few nice paydays. Allow him to settle up with Uncle Sam and make a few margin calls bail out some real estate debts and so forth. Now I am thinking to myself I was hoping to see Floyd come back and fight I know Marquez is no slouch but what happened to Cotto, Clottey, Mosley heck even get in there with Berto or Collazo for that matter. Ok so I swallowed that pill and accepted it I said to myself Marquez is no slouch you can never measure the size of some ones heart and Marquez is a true warrior. Floyd is coming of a 18 month layoff and this will be a decent fight. Not! Floyd was quoted as it looked like a “Father playing with his little son” Below is a clip of highlights from the onsided affair.

There have been many out there who say Floyd contradicts himself and that his OWN RULES do not apply to him. He said he fought Marquez because he called him out. He goes on and on about Haymon and his people making his fights. Below is a vide clip of Floyd being interviewed after the Cotto Pacquiao fight and after his fight with JMM in the ring…

He tells so many lies that he forgets what he said. I can't see how anyone would like someone who claims to be the best but is so reluctant to prove it. All that aside he and Pacquiao had an opportunity to make one of the biggest bouts in the history of the sport. One of the most lucrative at that. Plenty of Money is involved here enough to make it more than worth Floyd “Money” Mayweather’s wild right? Wrong he submits to just about everything in the contract and goes for a 50/50 split but on one condition Pacquiao takes RANDOM BLOOD TESTS Is this just another Mayweather ploy to get out of a fight? With all the history behind FLoyd and his statements wh knows when he is telling the truth or not. His bad guy image played him flase one time too many.

Shame for me is I think Floyd mayweather Jr is P4P the most skilled fighter in the game right now. He may be the best of this era.

I figured the real question is Which guy is Floyd Mayweather? The guy who cntradicts himself all the time and seems to make excuses to DUCK other fighters. The guy who CHERRY picks smaller opponents and refuses to fight true WW men that are in his division? Or the guy in the highlight video who seems to be unbeatable and the best of our era?....Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post

He tells so many lies that he forgets what he said.
      that sums it up right there......... i remember him saying that marquez will bring in more fans than cotto, mosley, etc and thats why he chose to fight him.......... after the numbers were released and the comparison were made all of a sudden marquez has no fans. perfect example

Comment

Lefty,

Fighters Fraudulent jr. ducked/didnt fight;

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=345719

Official Fraudulent jr. contradiction thread;

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=332771

the one slick american fighter fraud jr. fought;

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=328851

Who's smarter human being pac or fraud jr.?

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=331670

Step yo Mayweather hating game up son!

Comment

He isn't the best of this era. Pacquiao is. I think that is the aggregate thought of the majority. Also I need to stop calling in to these Wednesday shows. Had to wake up at 7:00 am.

Comment

Originally posted by DonTaseMeBrah View Post
            Lefty,

Fighters Fraudulent jr. ducked/didnt fight;

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=345719

Official Fraudulent jr. contradiction thread;

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=332771

the one slick american fighter fraud jr. fought;

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=328851

Who's smarter human being pac or fraud jr.?

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=331670

Step yo Mayweather hating game up son!

This is not a hate thread it is a debate thread I have made non pro Pac threads in the past few days and I have been called a ***** I am just sending a message about how I feel in all my friend and like to debate and will make point for both sides of each stroy to get more posts and more people thoughts...Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
              This is not a hate thread it is a debate thread I have made non pro Pac threads in the past few days and I have been called a ***** I am just sending a message about how I feel in all my friend and like to debate and will make point for both sides of each stroy to get more posts and more people thoughts...Lefty
              im one of the biggest may haters in this forum.

with that being said, & in all seriousness lefty, ive never denied his talents.

The only thing ive denied is the LEVEL OF GREATNESS HE & HIS DELUSIONAL FAN BASE CLAIM HE DESERVES.

That's it. All the other threads are just to tweak the *****s & kill time at work.

Comment

Understood my man we are good and mostly on the same page bra....Lefty

Comment

I don't believe he's ducked all the fighters some say he has but yeah he does contradict himself a lot...

Some of ya'll say u respect what he does in the ring, and then go and say he's fought bums, old fighters, and smaller opponents...make your mind up...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
                    I don't believe he's ducked all the fighters some say he has but yeah he does contradict himself a lot...

Some of ya'll say u respect what he does in the ring, and then go and say he's fought bums, old fighters, and smaller opponents...make your mind up...
                    I respect the skill set he has my man. I think he can box head to head with anyone in his weight class at anytime period in boxing. The problem is he never gets in the ring with anyone people really want to see him fight. Even though he may or may not have been able to beat Cotto, Margarito, Clottey and Pacquiao easily due to the stylistic match up people still wanted to see him fight those fighters and instead he gaves us Bladomir, Marquez and Hatton. Even though I persoanlly thought Hatton had a chance if you look back at that fight people would have rather have seen Floyd take on Cotto or Margarito at that time....Lefty

Comment

Working...
                    X