No announcement yet.

the end of everything.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
    When people post these kinds of theards i think it show there ignorance to boxing. They have a low boxing history IQ. And they may be burnt out with boxing cause there favoirtes have lost.

Boxing is going great. Calzaghe beat Hopkins so what are you making Hopkins a king for? Dawson the real top contender at Light Heavyweight is still waiting for Hopkins to give him a shot. Hopkins v. Pavlik took place at 175 a few divisions out of where Pavlik dominates at. Im sure it'll be a shock for you when Pacquiao gets ko'd by Delahoya.

Relax, you think boxing died when Ali beat Foreman. When Randell beat Chavez, no boxing keep going strong at other weights. I think you need to follow all of boxing weight or at least try too. Jr. Bantiem weight right now is a very dangerous divison and if you aint' excited about Mijares v. Vic then against it exposes you as a fan who only watchs certain fighters.
    listen, thoseguys are old.they're on there last legs and only in it for the money.there's no new blood pumping threw getting showcased.why is it so hard for people to see? how many times have hop, oscar, and tito said they' where retiring? you think pac is fighting any longer after the pac fight? aside from maybe a hatton fight? who's boxing's frontman? who?and do me a favor don't insult my intelligence.its the truth. and din't i say pac was getting ko'd by oscar? or did you just look at the part where i said marga don't have that it factor and got right on replying to that?
    Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 10-19-2008, 03:06 PM.

Comment

anybody who truly believed Cotto and Pavlik were future greats doesn't know **** about this sport. check any of my posts. I said all along neither of them was that special. good, solid quality fighters, but great? **** no

Comment

Yeah, I mean, a couple of boxing poster's boys were destroyed, but the thing is....Hopkins and Margarito deserved it. The true boxing fans can't begrude them victories.

I mean, I love Cotto and Pavlik, two of my fave fighters, but ultimiately, they were beaten by two fighters who fought their asses off and deserve the plaudits. It's hard to take immediately after the fight, but you get over it.

That's the beauty of boxing. **** like this can happen.

Comment

This is one of the funniest threads to come out of this fight. I was expecting an avalanche of threads like these but there hasn't been as many as I have seen previously after a big fight.
          It is a good one though, LAMO who'd have thought that it would be the end of boxing because Pavlik lost. It's a sad day. lolz

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
            Yeah, I mean, a couple of boxing poster's boys were destroyed, but the thing is....Hopkins and Margarito deserved it. The true boxing fans can't begrude them victories.

I mean, I love Cotto and Pavlik, two of my fave fighters, but ultimiately, they were beaten by two fighters who fought their asses off and deserve the plaudits. It's hard to take immediately after the fight, but you get over it.

That's the beauty of boxing. **** like this can happen.
            it can happen, but it usually doesn't. great fighters are never horribly outclassed and brutally KO'd in their prime the way Pavlik and Cotto were. this is why Cotto and Pavlik should never ever be mentioned as great fighters.

Roy didn't lose until late in his career
            prime Hopkins didn't lose a fight
            Mayweather never lost a fight

those guys are the great fighters of our generation, not guys like Cotto and Pavlik. there is such a huge gap in greatness there, it's ridiculous to even suggest Cotto or Pavlik could stand a chance against a prime Mayweather and Hopkins respectively

Comment

a lose doesnt end your career damn

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
                it can happen, but it usually doesn't. great fighters are never horribly outclassed and brutally KO'd in their prime the way Pavlik and Cotto were. this is why Cotto and Pavlik should never ever be mentioned as great fighters.

Roy didn't lose until late in his career
                prime Hopkins didn't lose a fight
                Mayweather never lost a fight

those guys are the great fighters of our generation, not guys like Cotto and Pavlik. there is such a huge gap in greatness there, it's ridiculous to even suggest Cotto or Pavlik could stand a chance against a prime Mayweather and Hopkins respectively
                Just because you're not a Mayweather, RJJ or Hopkins doesn't mean you can't be a great fighter.

Fact is, Cotto and Pavlik are among the best young fighters in boxing right now. You're right, they're not ATGs, never will be and couldn't hold a handle to some of the greats before them, but the fact is that they're quality fighters in their weight classes and are very marketable.

Not all fighters are flawless. Most aren't. And there's nothing wrong getting fighters like this.

Comment

Working...
                X