Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welterweight Division sorta unsteady now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welterweight Division sorta unsteady now?

I mean, I think most of us and a lot of critics had picked Cotto win doing exactly what he was doing early on, but for the entire 12 rds. Thus, he would be the undisputed Welterweight king and THE MAN to beat. Now that Margarito won, it's sorta like, hmmmmmm. Margarito won, yes, but only last year he had lost to a man that's still fighting and has now once again became champ in Paul Williams. Now they need to fight to officially settle it. On the other hand, I think Cotto still beats 95% of the fighters at welterweight and could pull out a win in a rematch with Margarito under different circumstances. I don't know, it just feels uneven until 1 person has all the belts officially.

lets see..

Mosley, DLH, Mayweather, Collazo, Hatton, Margarito, Cotto, Cintron, Quintana, Judah, Wlliams, Clottey

Mosley lost to Cotto, hes out, Dlh lost to Mayweather, hes out, Mayweather retired, hes out, Hatton got stopped by Mayweather, hes out. Margarito Beat Cotto, Hes in, Cotto lost to Margarito, hes out, Cintron Lost to Margarito, hes out, Quintana lost to Williams hes out, Clottey and Judah eliminate each other this weekend.

Sunday morning there will be 3 elite welterweights left Margarito, Williams, and Judah/Clottey

Comment

Yes, there is no clear no.1 in the division.

Comment

Between the 2, Tony has more clout than Williams cuz he's ranked #1 based on beatin #1 (Cotto). But cuz he lost to Paul the 1st time he's gotta beat him or his cred takes too big a hit to consider him the champ.

Comment

Working...
        X