Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Arum puts Pacquiao in with a dangerous guy like Brandon Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pac and Rios are two different levels of fighters..... Marquez too for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      And why do you say this? you will go BROKE!

I predicted that Juan Manuel Marquez would knockout Pacquiao.

Come at me bro!
      Rios has the wrong style, you're not going to outwar Pacquiao... not unless you do it in a smart way like Morales.

Rios lacks the boxing IQ, technique, skills, footwork and style to beat Pacquiao. Add that ontop of his not so great defense and you have the perfect recipe for a brutal beating. It'll be the Margarito fight all over again but worse because Rios is smaller and has less boxing ability. His chin probably isn't as good either

Comment

Brandon Rios is barely dangerous to the top 5 at 140. He would make Manny Pacquiao look like Pernell Whitaker and have people talking about "Manny is back!".

Guerrero is more of a dangerous opponent to Mayweather and Pacquiao than Rios is, and that is seen as a mismatch.

Comment

Rios is not bigger than Pac, they are more equal size and he isn't JMM either that will hit Manny at will.
          You'll see the old elusive Pac on this fight since Rios will be coming forward all night and Manny doesn't need to press the action and won't open himself as much.

But I do agree with you that Bradley rematch is the safer route for April.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            I wouldn't be surprised if Rios stops Pacman atm. It's not easy to suffer a brutal ko then jump right back in there with someone who has good stopping power.
            Rios is flat footed and slow. Pac will use his speed and give that kid angles until he stops him. Rios is tailor made for Pac. In case you haven't noticed Pac has issues with pure boxers. Anyone who goes in with a gameplan of walking Pac down and imposing their will on him always end up on the losing end.

Comment

Originally posted by jayblack View Post
              Rios is flat footed and slow. Pac will use his speed and give that kid angles until he stops him. Rios is tailor made for Pac. In case you haven't noticed Pac has issues with pure boxers. Anyone who goes in with a gameplan of walking Pac down and imposing their will on him always end up on the losing end.
              Yeah, like 3 years ago maybe. But in 2013 & right after a brutal ko, would you really be confident in that claim NOW??

Comment

Jeff Mayweather on Manny Pacquiao....

This quote sums it up for me:

"JM: Right. There is no point in it to me. But at the same time, it's one of those situations where they can still make good money because of the history of their fights; they can still make good money. And maybe now they don't want to take a risk of Pacquiao fighting anybody else that maybe can derail this series with Marquez and make him want to retire all together. The most money on the table for Pacquiao is going to be Marquez now because nobody wanna see him fight Floyd anymore. The *******s, or whatever they call themselves, PacManiacs, of course they gonna want him to fight Floyd
                if he got knocked out again and again. That's how stupid they are. At the end of the day, the value of the fight is gone, so stop talking about what Pacquiao can do and Pacquiao this and that. Floyd fought Marquez off of almost a two year layoff and played with him like he was in high school. And not to say just because he did that to Marquez, because styles make fights, but at the same time, what people fail to realize is this, Pacquiao got beat by Marquez because Marquez is a counter puncher. And Floyd is probably two or three times better than Marquez at that job. Even Freddie Roach said, "Oh, he has trouble with counter punchers." If he has trouble with counter punchers, what the hell is he gonna have with Floyd, the best counter puncher in the world? It's asinine. He just has his fans that are diehard fans, just like I still know fans today that don't believe that Mike Tyson ever lost a fight. Even though we saw him on the canvas more than once, but because they are diehard fans, they just don't believe it, and that's what we are seeing with Pacquiao. He has those type of fans that, no matter what happens to him, they are still gonna be his fans and they still think he is gonna have a chance to beat whoever. But I mean, it's over with. That whole thing is over with because the one thing that his fans and everyone else have seen in this, even his true fans, they've seen that since the Margarito fight, Pacquiao has been on the decline. You saw the decline in Pacquiao with the Bradley fight and with the third Marquez fight and the Shane Mosley fight. Every fight after that Margarito fight was nothing. It was nothing to even be excited about anymore. It's one of those things where you can actually see it happening; leading up to this fight, you can see it happening. But just because Marquez had never even dropped Pacquiao leading up into this fight, you couldn't prepare yourself for what was going to happen. But at the same time, the decline of Pacquiao has been evident. It's shown itself 3 or 4 fights ago; it showed itself. And in my opinion, this fight exposed him for what he really is now. He's not the same fighter and he hasn't been the same fighter for a long time."

~Jeff Mayweather~
                Last edited by Slip Stream; 01-04-2013, 09:22 PM.

Comment

@hectari

Lol, you're funny guy. If you give Manny Pacquiao an eye patch, make him wear it, and shackle one of his feet with a ball and chain ... while also tying one of Manny's arms behind his back .... he will still KO Rios.

Get real man. While I like Rios and all, because of his style - he is kinda of a bum. I do like Rios. I just call it how it really is. Rios, in 10 more fights will probably have 4 or 5 losses. Wait and see. If Abril did him in, in that atrocious robbery .... what would someone like Matthysse do? I'll take Matthysse by vicious KO.

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  we know he is using Pacquiao as a gatekeeper, if this is Pac's next opponent for April, Pacman will get knocked out pretty bad again. Bob Arum needs to transfer the draw power to Rios, he knows Pacman is already done and this fight is going to cause Pacman some serious brain damage, as slow as Margarito was and he was able to hit Pacman, Rios is faster than Margarito and more relentless.

Rios is a huge guy who drains himself just to make 140, he has power, and if he fights at 147 he won't have to cut too much weight helping his stamina and he has an iron chin.

Pacman will get hit hard in this fight, the only way he can win is if he can some how upset Rios and Arum's plan backfires like Roberto Duran did to Davey Moore which Arum also promoted.

The best fight to do is a rematch with Timothy Bradley, Marquez should just retire on cloud 9.

Pacman should rematch Bradley and than Arum should try to make the Mayweather fight and cash Pacman out in September to get whatever little money is left of that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    I know right!! You don't gotta convince me. You simply do not take a fighter that's just been brutally ko'd & put him in there with another fighter that has that kind of power too. Paulie, or someone like him maybe, but no guy with heavy hands.
                    Exactly.

These guys on here really don't have a clue, Pacman chin just got cracked. They act like Rios is a bum, Rios is not a slick boxer, but the guy is a monster and in his prime or just getting into his prime.

Rios is no pushover either, people act like he will be scared of Pacs punches? LOL dude just saw Pacman get knocked out cold, that will make him less afraid he will say if Marquez and Margarito ate his punches and Marquez cracked his chin Im going to light him up with lots of pressure and punches.

Pacman doesn't have any defense either, this fight should be an easy fight for Rios. Pacman doesn't have the legs he used to have either.

The only type of fighter that will give Rios problems is a slick boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
                      Styles make fights, and Rios is no Marquez or Floyd in the ring IQ department. Rios is nothing more than a slow, prodding punching bag who relies on his chin to get him through fights (remember Margarito?). Manny even after getting knocked the fuck out, will beat this guy to a bloody pulp. And I wouldn't be surprised if Rios ended up like Plankquiao.

Its the perfect comeback fight for Manny, he can force Rios to come up in weight and make him even slower than he already is. Dude is going to get the beating of his life.
                      Stupid ass comment, force him to come up in weight? LMAO as opposed to having him drained and weakened at 140? That will be a FORCE that Rios will love to be forced to do lol to fight at 147.

Rios is a huge guy and the move in weight will help him and his stamina and his energy.

Comment

Working...
                      X