Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saying this fighter should avoid another certain fighter is annoying to hear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saying this fighter should avoid another certain fighter is annoying to hear

It's not just on this site either. It's all over ESPN. Don't get me wrong, Canelo-Cotto would be a good fight. But people should choose their words more wisley or else we are gonna keep seeing mismatches against fighters that nobody has heard of on both sides of the spectrum. Cotto is the champ, and while I don't have a big problem with him fighting Canelo in the interim the fight that should be the highest in demand is him against GGG.

I don't like it when boxing fans say and it's any fighter besides Cotto (He should duck this guy). If Cotto isn't prepared to fight the best the division has to offer then he shouldn't get any credit for beating Martinez. That's just my opinion. And same scenario would be true if Canelo wins the belt from him. Put up or shut up. I'm tired of big name fighters cherry picking titles to try to make their legacy look better than what it really is.

But people should choose their words more wisley or else we are gonna keep seeing mismatches against fighters that nobody has heard of on both sides of the spectrum.
    You're doing the opposite, bro. People are saying Cotto should duck Golovkin for Canelo are asking for competitive fights. People who are asking for Golovkin vs Cotto are asking for mismatches.

Only reason people want to see Golovkin vs Cotto is because they want to live vicariously through Golovkin, and want him to become a star.
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 07-27-2014, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      You're doing the opposite, bro. People are saying Cotto should duck Golovkin for Canelo are asking for competitive fights. People who are asking for Golovkin vs Cotto are asking for mismatches.
      Lol I mean don't get me wrong I don't think Cotto stands a chance really, but come on man you can't claim lineage to a title if you are gonna side step your number one challenger. Is this anymore of a mismatch than Cotto-Bradley? And we aren't gonna see a Cotto-Canelo fight this year which is bs. That fight should happen this year. And I'll laugh at Cotto if he fights Bradley or a bum while Canelo fights Kirkland.

If Cotto would've stayed at 154 or 147 I would really have no desire to see Cotto-Golovkin. But since he decided to step up to win THE TITLE, this fight needs to happen then. And besides that, if Cotto stopped Martinez that means there is a slight chance that he could maybe have the power to at least be competitive or possibly win. He'd be the underdog though.

Comment

The queer still lives???? Smh anyway, let Cotto bank in the millions vs Canelo and then GGG gets his shot next yr. Seems fair to me. In the mean time GGG can smash Quillin and the IBF title holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
          Is this anymore of a mismatch than Cotto-Bradley?.
          Golovkin vs Cotto is a a thousand times the mismatch Cotto vs Bradley is. Cotto vs Bradley isn't even a mismatch.

If Cotto would've stayed at 154 or 147 I would really have no desire to see Cotto-Golovkin. But since he decided to step up to win THE TITLE, this fight needs to happen then.
          No, it's not the fight that needs to happen. That's why he need to duck Golovkin. Why should imaginary titles take precedence over competitive fights?

Besides, Cotto is not the lineal champion. The lineal champion is Sergey Khomitsky, who Golovkin already beat.

Comment

I personally don't need to see Golovkin obliterate Cotto to know who the man of the division is; it's been blatantly obvious who the best middleweight in the world is for about a fifteen month period now.

Comment

Yeah, Golovkin d1ck riders association this board has turned into it. Fighter A stands no chance against Golovkin. He's unbeatable. Smh.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                Yeah, Golovkin d1ck riders association this board has turned into it. Fighter A stands no chance against Golovkin. He's unbeatable. Smh.
                Realistically who at 160 beats Gennady?

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post

Only reason people want to see Golovkin vs Cotto is because they want to live vicariously through Golovkin, and want him to become a star.
                  What about he is the lineal at MIDDLEWEIGHT ffs looool.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    Realistically who at 160 beats Gennady?
                    Realistically, you're right at 160 he is the man. but that's not saying much. I think Cotto is a good fight for him but he might be too small at 160. He needs to go up or down to get the respect he wants. But yeah, hes the man at 160.

Comment

Working...
                    X