No announcement yet.

Illmatic vs Reasonable Doubt?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illmatic vs Reasonable Doubt?

2 classics. Sorry Nas fans but i love Reasonable doubt more. In fact, i think its my fav hip hop album ever.

I prefer RD over Illmatic. But regardless both are ****ing BRILLIANT.

Comment

Illmatic. but Reasonable Doubt is one of the best.

Comment

This one is tough.. I do find Illmatic to be a bit overrated and other of his albums to be extremely underrated. Reasonable doubt is a strong album. But I think I'm gonna go with Illmatic..

Comment

I actually find Illmatic a bit boring overall.. I don't know if it's because I'm not an american Gangbanger or whatever but I think It Was Written is a stronger album.. A lot of the songs on It Was Written is tracks I find to be some of Nas' absolute best.

The Message - Everbody knows this one.. A classic track that needs no introduction
          I Gave You Power - Brilliant, intelligent track.. His wordplay and methaphor around being a gun is insane....
          Street Dreams - Another brilliant track
          Affirmative Action - Another one of my favourites.. AZ was sharp as hell in this one
          If I Ruled The World - Another track that needs to introduction..

Comment

I'll take Illmatic. Overrated or not I think bar for bar its probably the best album you'll listen to for lyrics. And Nas flow was prime for this album.

Reasonable Doubt is a really good album. Maybe a classic and I could see the argument. But I've never been too big on this album as others. The first half of the album is strong though. Towards the end it kind of loses its steam to me.

Comment

Illmatic

World is Yours, Aint Hard to Tell, One Love (remixes as well), Life's a ***** (AZ's moment in time), Halftime...this album changed the way dudes from then on made albums.

Comment

Illmatic takes this one easily for me. I like RD, but I dont like it as much as Blueprint or The Black Album.

Comment

Originally posted by Kobe Bryant View Post
                  I'll take Illmatic. Overrated or not I think bar for bar its probably the best album you'll listen to for lyrics. And Nas flow was prime for this album.

Reasonable Doubt is a really good album. Maybe a classic and I could see the argument. But I've never been too big on this album as others. The first half of the album is strong though. Towards the end it kind of loses its steam to me.
                  reasonable doubt is a top 10 rap album of all time. imo

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
                    Illmatic

World is Yours, Aint Hard to Tell, One Love (remixes as well), Life's a ***** (AZ's moment in time), Halftime...this album changed the way dudes from then on made albums.
                    dead presidents, can i live, d'evils, cant knock the hustle, friend or foe?...they go at it. I cant argue which one you pick.

Comment

Working...
                    X