No announcement yet.

Verdejo Promises to be Biligual in 6 months

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verdejo Promises to be Biligual in 6 months

Yesterday, Felix Verdejo took a step that he wanted to take along ago. The young pugilist completed his tuition to take a course in conversational English in a language school located in Hato Rey.

The decision to take the course came from the own Verdejo, an exolimpian considered a gold prospect by the company that promotes him, Top Rank.

"I took some years ago!", said laughing at the charismatic young resident of the public housing complex Las Gladiolas in Hato Rey.

"I was taking them in 2011, when (training prior to) the Pan American Games (in Guadalajara, Mexico)." I was in a close camp and as classes were in County, I could not go and lost that opportunity. Now it came form me because I always had that in mind", said Verdejo (13-0, 10 Ko's), who will take one class hour, every day except Sunday.

In addition to complete a personal goal, to acquire conversational skills in English Verdejo would become a main attraction for the American market, which already itself pays him attention. This was evidenced during the week prior to his most recent bout, on June 7 in Manhattan.

That night, Verdejo knocked out the Mexican Engelberto Valenzuela (8-2, three Ko's) in 77 seconds, as part of the prelude to the duel between Miguel Angel Cotto Vazquez and Sergio Gabriel Martínez in Madison Square Garden. In the days that preceded the fight, Verdejo was the fighter who attracted more media attention, after the superstar Miguel Cotto.

The U.S. Press covered every step of Verdejo, who was always accessible and ready to answer their questions, assisted by an interpreter.

"It doesnt bothers me (talking with the English-speaking press). That is the work of them and I have to do mine. After that I don't draw rail, that like (chat with the media). When I learn English I will talk about to everyone of them ".

Although he is of a reserved nature and his tone of voice is usually low, Verdejo always has been friendly and accessible to the press.

"Is the truth it does not bother me to speak with them. One of the things that motivates me (to learn English) is a person talk to me (in English) and I just understand a little' said Felix, who then ensure that he will KO this linguistic challenge.

"Give me six months, I'll be here speaking English!", said the young man.

http://www.elnuevodia.com/verdejobus...e-1805677.html

I'll be impressed of he does it in 6 months. It took me and most people I know a year to learn English and get comfortable talking to people. And that was attending school too.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      I'll be impressed of he does it in 6 months. It took me and most people I know a year to learn English and get comfortable talking to people. And that was attending school too.
      Well he sounds confident, and he says he understands some, so lets see if the kid delivers

Comment

Working...
      X