Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion who's the better trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr. or Freddie Roach?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In your opinion who's the better trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr. or Freddie Roach?

Who do you think the better trainer is and why?
    Floyd Mayweather Sr.
    58.49%
    Freddie Roach
    41.51%

What has Floyd Sr. done without Floyd Jr., and what has Roach done without Pac? On that criteria, I'd say Roach. You gotta remember, Floyd Jr. is an athletic freak. He relies a lot on his athleticism in the ring, as well as his smarts, BUT, if he wasn't as athletic, he wouldn't be as effective.

I'd still say Floyd Sr. If you gave both Sr. and Roach an average athlete with all the same attributes, I think Floyd's fighter would win.
    Last edited by BUNGALOWS; 05-27-2013, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Floyd Sr did very good jobs with Oscar & Dawson, Dawson looked the best under Sr. He's a great technician coach. I think Floyd Sr can teach any style of boxing while Roach is a good coach but is 1 dimensional, he needs his boxers to have speed because of his offensive teaching style, if they don't have speed....his boxers won't look that good.

Comment

Mayweather sr > the joke coach roach

Ignacio is better than the both of them combined though

Comment

I'd take Jack Loew over either of them.

Comment

I'm sure Oscar De La Hoya said Mayweather Snr is the best he has worked with.

Comment

I voted for Roach. He tries so much harder and is devoted to his fighters. Good fighters from all over the world want Roach to train them. I watched Mayweather train Hatton on 24-7 and it seemed like he could care less if Hatton won the fight or not. Cotto is looking for a new trainer and Roach is high on his list. They both are good trainers but Roach tries hard with all his fighters, not just a choosen few.

Comment

Yea Oscar said sr is the best trainer in the world. Since he worked with both ill take his word for it

Comment

I think this is a easy choice, well it is for me...

Freddie Roach manages a higher number of fighters, has had way more world champions in his stable.
                  I don't think Manny Pacquiao would of been as good without some of Roaches tutelage towards him.

I don't think you can judge a coach on being better because he has the better fighters, its what he does with those fighters which makes the difference and what separates him from ordinary to one of the best.

Floyd Mayweather Sr has been very fortunate to have a wonderful fighter like his son in his stable, you can say he bred him to be what he was but one fighter doesn't constitute or justify him being a better coach...
                  Sr is far from a role model and one to not look upto, I think this is mainly why Jr has seen time in jail, father like son trait rubbing off.

Both overall are good but Roach is by far more professional than Mayweather Snr will ever be.

Comment

Both are good trainers. You will not go wrong with either guy when it comes to being trained.

Comment

Working...
                    X