Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Floyd) Me fighting Robert Guerrero is just a rumor.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I think he'll fight in both.

He better fight in both because I've booked my flights

I think he wants to fight so uncharacteristically close to make the most of those 2 dates against Mexican opposition.

He knows if he were to fight twice he would fight both of those 2 and they won't sell like they would on those dates.

Keep in mind Golden Boy reserved those dates. Yes, they're offering them to Floyd but they can easily hand it over to Canelo or whomever.

Comment

I would say such a thing would be a negotiating ploy~

Floyd wants the best possible deal for himself and that involves getting the other guy to just agree to his demands. Saying something like this is telling Guerrero to simmer down accept my demands or I will go in a different direction IMO~.

Comment

Marquez you guys just not listening.

Canelo has no options outside of Guerrero.

Guerrero can probably beat Canelo which is why Canelo wants a guarantee he gets the fight in sept

FLOYD VS Marquez numero uno vs numero dos.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post

Keep in mind Golden Boy reserved those dates. Yes, they're offering them to Floyd but they can easily hand it over to Canelo or whomever.
          I know but what I'm saying is, I think he's planning on fighting Guererro in May and Alvarez in September so he can make the most of those fights with those dates.

As opposed to fighting Guererro in May and Alvarez in say, Novemeber.

Because I think since Guererro beat Berto the plan has been to fight both Guererro and Canelo in 2013.

Comment

ESPN is reporting this "rumor"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                When was the last time he fought a non GBP fighter (maybe cotto but he needed a co promoter too)? There's a reason for this. If he could do his own events he would cause that's more money for him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                They are his events... Mayweather/ Golden Boy Promotions. They even announce it before the fight

Comment

Working...
                X