Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football, the world's most popular sport, is now 3rd highest avg attendance in usa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baseball is king.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      i'll watch my nephew play soccer...that's about it...he's 5
      you need to give it a chance.

games are short. no commercials.

we just are not into it because we know our soccer teams are 2nd rate.

when/if u.s. soccer gets good it'll explode.

maybe 3rd. it'll pass nhl and mlb.

Comment

It's a great game to watch, and our talent is getting better. Not a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          you need to give it a chance.

games are short. no commercials.
          Exactly why there's zero chance of it ever being marketable. I'm sure the major networks are just dying to jump aboard.

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          we just are not into it because we know our soccer teams are 2nd rate.

when/if u.s. soccer gets good it'll explode.

maybe 3rd. it'll pass nhl and mlb.
          Yeah, sure. How long have fans been saying this for?

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
            Exactly why there's zero chance of it ever being marketable. I'm sure the major networks are just dying to jump aboard.

Yeah, sure. How long have fans been saying this for?
            no commercials during games doesn't mean no money. there's still commercials post and pre game, ads on screen, ads on uniforms, etc.

you'll see. all the kids now play soccer. it'll get big eventually.

Comment

Rugby's a sport i'm surpised hasn't taken off in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk.. View Post
                Rugby's a sport i'm surpised hasn't taken off in America.
                isn't NFL football just a moderated 'americanized' version of Rugby?

and its good if soccer really is getting more popular in the USA, i'm tired of hearing the same excuses everytime team stars and stripes have their asses handed to them, "soccer just isn't popular in our country, if it was we would dominate the sport"

Comment

There must be a lot of people suffering from insomnia.

Comment

You mean soccer? We call it soccer in the USA. Football is not soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
                      :

You have a point, you are right, but its sadly pathetic that it has to be that way. Soccer aside.....

American TV is the biggest ****e on the planet. By that I do not mean the programing itself, but the networks...the programing is the best in the world, what America pumps out is unparalleled, but the damn format of commercials non stop is just terrible.

Commercial every 15min or is it 10........90min movies turned into a 3 hour session.....

American sports with breaks all the time to accommodate the commercials...not only a time out, but a TV timeout.....pathetic...

So the fact that something is a NO go because there is no room for commercials...............sad.

Comment

Working...
                      X