Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do boxers down a few shots before fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
    Monzon used to smoke in his corner.

locche's corner used to cover him up while he smoked in between rounds ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Las Vegas View Post
      I remember reading an article about 1 a year or so ago of Mayweather taking some drops of Tequila for the Hatton fight along with consuming Marijuana (not completely sure if it was marijuana or coke) if I'm not mistaken. Let me try to find a link to the article and I'll post it here.. It was posted by the LA Times.

But I thought the De La Hoya interview was really interesting, makes you wonder what other boxers might be doing as well.

Another fight that I've heard stories about is Emanuel Augustus. I remember reading a couple of stories of him taking substances before fights as well.
      Mayweather doesn't drink.

Comment

I remember reading an article about 1 a year or so ago of Mayweather taking some drops of Tequila for the Hatton fight along with consuming Marijuana (not completely sure if it was marijuana or coke) if I'm not mistaken. Let me try to find a link to the article and I'll post it here.. It was posted by the LA Times.

But I thought the De La Hoya interview was really interesting, makes you wonder what other boxers might be doing as well.

Another fight that I've heard stories about is Emanuel Augustus. I remember reading a couple of stories of him taking substances before fights as well.
        That sounds completely made up; Floyd of all fighters is not gonna give up his edge by taking drugs/alcohol before a fight. Stop the lies...

Comment

The one about Augustus is sort of true and sort of not so true.
          He was asked to take a fight at very short notice, and he told them that he had been smkoing marihuana and it would show in the test, and they said never mind, they were stuck. So he fought and tested positive.

I don't know about any other times but this was reported in a news release when he was being asked to take the fight.

Comment

why would you wanna drink before a fight?

Comment

Working...
            X