Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you feel sorry for people who commit suicide?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not for the samurai. In the land of the most suicides, Japan, it is a pride thing and a sense of saving ones honor.

As for the rest of the world, if an individual wants to kill themselves then that is their decision. It is hard to think "what if" if they already killed themselves. No one should feel sorry for these people because it was their choice.

While the individuals "crying for help" are not usually successfull. They are the ones that need support and "sorry" because they have a chance to live.

Comment

There should be no shame in suicide.

In the the Inuit culture, the elderly commit suicide. In Japanese culture, it was considered an honorable way to go.

Personally, I don't fear death - the dead don't suffer. I don't feel sorry for those who commit suicide, because in many cases they are better off!

It's those among the living who are suffering I feel sorry for.

Comment

I think it is a mighty selfish act, but I still feel sorry for them (unless of course they are pedo's/rapists, etc.) where they get themselves into such a dark place. But I can't imagine the torment the parents and love ones would go through. It might have been on here someone posted a link about a teenage girl who's ex-friends mother pretended to be a boy then broke her heart, so she killed herself, when they lady knew she had suicidal tendencies. Dispicable I wish that ***** had killed herself instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
          There should be no shame in suicide.

In the the Inuit culture, the elderly commit suicide. In Japanese culture, it was considered an honorable way to go.

Personally, I don't fear death - the dead don't suffer. I don't feel sorry for those who commit suicide, because in many cases they are better off!

It's those among the living who are suffering I feel sorry for.
          There are major differences between that and what I think the OP was talking about.

In those cultures it's part of who they are and they do that because they are old and sick or because they would rather die at their own hand than die in the hands of their enemies.

Samurai were also a warrior class, the whole of Japan didn't necessarily practice that as common.

I think people also don't take into account mental illness. I think a person has to be a little messed up in the head to contemplate taking their own life.

No matter what life has thrown at me, I have never contemplated suicide, ever. I have gone through some fuked up **** to but it's never even crossed my mind.

Now homicide on the other hand.......................

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
            Anyone who doesn't feel sorry for a suicide victim is a horrible person.

Imagine being in so much pain that you felt you had no option but to terminate your own life? That is a horrible situation that noone should have to go through.
            Absolutely not. You always have an option. You can opt to go get professional help and actually deal with your issues. Everyone has problems, some worse then others, but plenty have taken action and fought their way through it. Suicide is the most selfish act you can commit. You will undoubtedly affect someone if not many people by your acts of cowardliness.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
              I hear some people say that don't feel sorry for those who kill themselves, saying it's selfish and a ***** move. Some people say it's wrong based on religion. I think that if people are so unhappy that they see death as the only remedy, then they must be in unthinkable pain. I remember in high school this girl's mom hung herself in her garage. I think it's sad and hope that anyone who takes their own life gets a better shot next time.
              f.uck them

they're obviously not warriors like Mexicans

Comment

Depends on what the motivation is. If they're in some kinda terrible pain or facin life in prison or some ****, hell yea, that's sad ****. If they're mad cuz they broke up wit their spouse or some **** like that, **** no.

Comment

nope suicide shows weakness and the ploy to give up

Comment

Yes, I do. It's called compassion.

Every situation is different and unique, and therefore every situation needs a different and unique approach.

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
                      Anyone who doesn't feel sorry for a suicide victim is a horrible person.

Imagine being in so much pain that you felt you had no option but to terminate your own life? That is a horrible situation that noone should have to go through.
                      Very well said. The lack of compassion in some people is disturbing.

Comment

Working...
                      X