No announcement yet.

Maidana's best performance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maidana's best performance?

I think only two fights qualify, when Chino's collaboration with Robert Garcia truly flourished : Broner and Mayweather I.

Against at the time undefeated and P4P #6 rated Broner Maidana managed to score 2 KD's, win 8-10 rounds on judges scorecards and pull 'Upset of the Year', winning WBA welterweight title.
    Stats: Maidana 269 of 964, Broner 149 of 400.

That gave Chino a shot at P4P #1 Mayweather. Despite being 10-to-1 underdog, Maidana won 4-5 rounds, landed more punches against Mayweather than anyone ever has and earned a rematch being only second one to do so in Mayweather's almost 20 year long career.
    Stats: Maidana 221 of 858, Mayweather 230 of 426.

Which do you consider to be Chino's best performance?
    Broner
    51.61%
    Mayweather
    48.39%

Broner without a doubt, he beat a guy many thought would the future king of the sport

Comment

Mayweather obviously. Broner is ****.

Comment

Originally posted by ARENA View Post
        I think only two fights qualify, when Chino's collaboration with Robert Garcia truly flourished : Broner and Mayweather I.

Against at the time undefeated and P4P #6 rated Broner Maidana managed to score 2 KD's, win 8-10 rounds on judges scorecards and pull 'Upset of the Year', winning WBA welterweight title.
        Stats: Maidana 269 of 964, Broner 149 of 400.

That gave Chino a shot at P4P #1 Mayweather. Despite being 10-to-1 underdog, Maidana won 4-5 rounds, landed more punches against Mayweather than anyone ever has and earned a rematch being only second one to do so in Mayweather's almost 20 year long career.
        Stats: Maidana 221 of 858, Mayweather 230 of 426.

Which do you consider to be Chino's best performance?

the perception of broner's potency and his potential were very obviously warped by seeing him fight such hopelessly smaller fighters early in his career. when we saw him fight guys of his own size he showed a heck of a lot less power, and his defense [and chin] wasnt good enough to deal with guys with power of their own. he's talented, but he's really starting to look like he's just going to amount to another guy with a big mouth.

mayweather, on the other hand, is one of the best fighters ever. he wasn't at his peak when maidana fought him, but the guy certainly hadn't fallen off of the deep end, either. maidana won rounds and was a ring general during much of their first fight. that's his best performance.

also, shout to the victor ortiz fight. he took some bombs early on, but chino's a storm weatherer. i remember watching that fight live with my brother, and he had never seen anything like that materialize in a boxing match. that fight hung by a thread because of the power of those two. there's not a sport in the world with that kind of drama. ortiz went from the heir apparent to the guy we all know today. his life changed, courtesy of some chino right-handed gas.

Comment

Mayweather without question. Go look at rounds 5-9 of the 1st fight.

Comment

Ortiz and Broner. Two hype jobs he completely exposed.

Good fighters but way overhyped. And Maidana just beat the hell out of both of them.

Gave Mayweather one of his toughest fights, pushed him right to the limit the first time and arguably won IMO.

Comment

Mayweather. Maidana's unconventional and unpredictable style gave Floyd trouble in both their fights. Got to give Floyd credit for taking a hell of a punch. Maidana rocked him pretty hard in the 2nd fight at the closing of that round.

Comment

I'd say Mayweather. He wasn't given much of a chance all..understandably.
                People even wanted to see Khan get the fight instead.

But he put on a good showing, and that was a very, very close fight IMO.

Comment

Mayweather.

Maidana's win over Broner is vastly overrated:

Ponce de Leon had already exposed Broner
                  He had recently jumped two weight classes
                  Looked mediocre against Malignaggi at 147
                  Only Golden Boy's Ring Magazine had Broner in a P4P list, nobody else

Comment

The degree of difficulty in the Mayweather fight makes that his best performance. Maidana gave one of the truly great fighters of all time one of his 2-3 toughest fights. It was very impressive.

Comment

Working...
                    X