No announcement yet.

Jermall Charlo vs Julian Williams October 1st

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I was really glad to see this. I doubt it gets huge ratings but thats ok with me. Fights like this and postol/crawford move the division forward and are fights that diehards really appreciate and look forward to.

the great thing about a fight like that, if it delivers [and it almost surely will because it's genuinely great matchmaking,] is that it will get people to stop channel surfing and park it when they scroll through. these guys are probably going to be hitting each other with leather and putting on a show. reminds me of teddy atlas ESPN cards.

"don't go to da fridge, and call ya friends!"

Comment

what a great fight

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        the great thing about a fight like that, if it delivers [and it almost surely will because it's genuinely great matchmaking,] is that it will get people to stop channel surfing and park it when they scroll through. these guys are probably going to be hitting each other with leather and putting on a show. reminds me of teddy atlas ESPN cards.

"don't go to da fridge, and call ya friends!"
        true. Frankly, I thought the opener of thurman/Porter drove the number for that fight because it was a damn god fight.

PBC may never get big ratings. I had hoped it would grow the sport but that doesn't seem likely. While that upsets me for several reasons if the shows keep featuring fights like this then its fine with me so long as I can get regular fights between top tier fighters I will be satisfied as a fan.

Comment

Can't wait. I expect Charlo to come out shining.

Comment

So is it official? I love this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              So is it official? I love this fight.
              I hope so, Jrock thinks it is

Comment

Damn good fight

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Sad that this thread is about to fall off the first page. Thought people would be way more excited.
                  Also, don't knows if that poster is official but it's one of the better boxing promo posters I've seen.
                  Charlo was expected to destroy Trout, but it can be argued that he got a gift decision over him. Williams hasn't fought anyone of note yet, so he isn't on many peoples radars. It's a great match up though, between to young lions.

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
                    Charlo was expected to destroy Trout, but it can be argued that he got a gift decision over him.
                    Eh, I have to disagree there. Anyone predicting Trout's destruction was a fool. I am a Trout fan and was rooting for him, but I admit he lost that night and Charlo looked great, even though it was close.
                    No shame in having a close fight with Trout, the guy who clowned Cotto and arguably should have drawn w/ Canelo.

Comment

Inshallah? FOH ******. Hope he gets taken out on a stretcher.

Comment

Working...
                      X